Cop Runs Over Man, Faces Zero Charges [GRAPHIC VIDEO]

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Earth Ling, Sep 25, 2013.

1. \tCop Runs Over Man, Faces Zero Charges [GRAPHIC VIDEO]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW_5KPPiuew

"Marlon Brown, 38, of Deland, Florida was killed on May 8 when police officers ran him over in a patrol car and. Now his family has released the graphic video, hoping to receive justice, reports Huffington Post.

The family has been calling for an independent investigation after a grand jury determined last week that there wasn't enough evidence to criminally prosecute James Harris, the officer driving the patrol car.

"On May 31, the chief of police reviewed the video of the incident. Upon reviewing, he determined the actions in the video did not meet our internal standards," said DeLand Police Sgt. Chris Estes, who said Harris was fired the same day.".* Ana Kasparian, Dave Rubin (The Rubin Report), and Ben Mankiewicz (What The Flick?! and TYT Sports) break it down on The Young Turks.

2. Wow thats crazy

You can hear the acceleration as he narrows in on him...

4. Welcome to America were the cops get awarded for killing innocent people.

Stupid as pigs I hate cops so much they have way to much power fuck the Poe Poe.

5. He ran him the fuck over that's for sure. Don't fuck with police man, they will kill you and not give a fuck and be praised for doing it.

The dude did get fired and the family got paid but he should go to jail. If I can't shoot someone who did harm to me that's running away why can a cop run a man down who is doing the same.

There really was no way the cop coulda stopped in time though, the guy tripped and fell in front of a fence. He was fucked

6. Looked like an accident to me.  I don't know and I don't care.

7. Blimey! I don't think a UK officer would get away with that.

8. The officer honestly probably fucked up. I don't think he was like "Argh I am a cop, I am going to run this man over and get away with it!"

Should have gotten the same punishment as everyone else would have though. 

9. It kinda looked like he was... He was speeding up chasing the guy toward a fence. If he wasn't trying to hit him he woulda atleast slowed for the fence. I don't think he meant to kill him but he sure as hell was aiming to take him off the fence he was trying to jump

10. I can't hear any audio at work, so maybe that is it. I read someone said that they can hear the engine speed up. If so, then that is messed up. Why anyone would do that is beyond me. 

11. Like we said, I'm sure his intention wasn't to kill the man. He slipped before the fence and I'm sure the cop didn't plan on that happening. However you don't get to use your car as a battering ram against humans who are running from you.

It was probably an accident and I'm kinda torn now that I actually think about it. The cop should be held responsible for his actions, and maybe jail time is the answer. Idk I'm just glad I don't have to pass judgement on it. It's a very sad situation for all parties involved

12. C'mon, this happened in Florida, it's not that surprising. Appalling, yes, but surprising, no.

13. #14 Weedity, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    That cop might have a family as well. A little child to go home to. I am sure he is not this "asshole" cop everyone says he is.

He is in a pursuit, adrenaline is rushing, the brain is rushing thoughts. He was driving a freaking cop car and had to make fast decisions. Perhaps he thought the guy was going to hop the fence so he sped up to be able to break through the fence? Didn't expect the guy to just stop right there. Etc.

Just saying. It is a sad situation for all of them. Shit like this sucks. Why was the man running though?  

14. Damn pigs are getting lazy, motherfucker didnt even attempt to pursue on foot.

Just pathetic man.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Break through someones fence with a fucking car lol?

What if there were kids on the other side of the fence or just innocent bystanders. He had no idea what was on the other side of the fence.

Who pays for the damage to the vehicle after ramming it through the fence? who pays to have the fence replaced?

"With great power comes great responsibility". Manslaughter.

16. You make a good point...

I just don't feel like the intent to kill him was there. He should be held responsible, I just can't decide the extent, thank god I don't have to

17. LOL at people saying this prob was an accident.. Like that looked like someone intentionally hitting someone in their car to me. All this "he didn't mean to kill him" is probably the exact same shit the family is told from chief of police and jury. "Oh well he didn't mean to" but he did. Don't be an enabler for bad cop behavior.

18. There are different levels of trouble you can get in to based on intent. I'm trying to be objective here and not let my emotions take control, which is easy to do and is understandable but not correct

19. That's why I was hinting towards vehicular manslaughter. His intent probably wasn't murder, but I think a solid argument would be his intent was to cause bodily injury with his patrol car to stop the chase. The guy happened to die.

I have no idea tho. I just dont think trying to bust through the fence or having an adrenaline rush is a good excuse.