Cooling?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MagikWand, Sep 13, 2008.

1. #1 MagikWand, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2008
    What should I use to cool my grow room?

I am in a 6ft. x 4ft. closet, my pots are deep in an All-White Container with 2 100 watt CLFs, and it's getting very hot in my closet. I have 1 regular sized fan in the closet on high pointing indirectly at my new potted plant (keep in mind that my pot is still just a seed, planted today; first grow!) just to cirrculate the air but it doesn't seem to be cooling off much. Should I leave the closet doors open a bit or is there anything else I can do that can maybe output heat to keep cool? or Do seeds just planted need unusually hot areas to sprout?:confused: HELP!

2. That is very little light for that space. And you mention they are CFLs, so are they 100 actual watts or is that the equivalent?

In any event, you need actual air circulation, meaning drawing in fresh air and venting out hot air -- if you have a fan blowing hot air around in an enclosed space that won't lower the temp. Try to channel a vent from your air conditioner to blow into the grow space. You can leave the door open, but that becomes problematic for light leaks, stealth, odor control, etc. Some folks even buy a portable air conditioner to put in the grow room. It's hard to give you exact advice from here, so much depends on the particulars of your situation.

Baby MJ plants do not need an especially hot environment. You want temps for the young plants around the same range as for mature plants, right around 75F.