Cooling ideas inside cab...thinking outside the box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Clifford, Feb 20, 2009.

1. OK, I know I know search search yadda yadda. I'm trying to get my second grow going, but wiht my temps going from 78-85 F degrees throughout my entire last grow, I need to resolve this situation. I am willing to do anything within my limits. My limits are: I have no way to vent to the outside, the bathroom is around the corner, but this is stealth. I would like to put in an air conditioner INSIDE the room, but 1. Am not allowed a window AC 2. if I build a box to house the ac it seemsl ike it it wouldn't be as efficient. Soooo I'm just trying to get my temps down to low to mid 70s because I know if I do this next grow will be nothing but a successful one. I need your help and ideas though. How can I go about doing this? I'm thinking maybe route the AC already in the room to the bottom of the cab which will suck the air through the passive intake? I just want a way to ensure my temps are spot on and if you know of any way HELP! Thanks as always GC

2. An air cooled reflector installed separately from your growing areas intake/exhaust would remove quite a bit of heat. If you vent it out of of the main room you could shave off a few degrees.

Also eliminate the rooms intake fans and just get a bigger exhaust fan to create negative pressure in the room. This will suck out quite a bit of heat and still draw fresh air in from the outside of the room.