Cool Items You Have?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dizzy, May 24, 2022.

1. Do Anyone Got Cool Or Unique Items Are They House They Happy To Have? What Are They An How You Get It?

For Me Ima Start Off With Sayin The Cool Item I Got Is These Obeah Books From My Auntie Back In Jamaica. Obeah Is The Jamaican Form Of Voodoo An It Outlawed In Jamaica As Far As I Know. These Books Tell You How To Do The Spells (IDK If Thats The Right Word) But Yea My Mama Told Me Not To Mess With Themm An So Far All I Did Was Look Through Them. They Up In My Closet Shelf Tho :)

~Toni~

• Like Like x 5
  2. I've being obsessed with my grandmothers glass paperweights since I was a toddler. She lives far away. About 15yrs ago she gave me a few of them. I have other various shiny stuff but these pieces have big sentimental value.
    20220525_050715.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. I have a tin of cigarettes (with 4 left) from a WW2 U-boat crewman. I got them from a Royal Canadian Navy veteran who got them from one of the U-boat crew he helped pull aboard his destroyer after they had attacked and crippled the sub. The German offered the cigarettes to him as a way of saying thank you for pulling them out of the water.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Damn you Toni! I have some (to me) cool crap at my house, but I'm on the road till thursday night.

I'm currently trying to get two roughly 150 megawatt Generators installed in a coal plant (I know, sucks but I got bills to pay too) to replace their old 50 megawatt Generators from the early 00s and there is a ton of cool stuff involved with that (at least to gearheads like me). Since these are pretty new and advanced generators everything about them is proprietary so I can't take pics.

However I'm going to pander to the masses and instead show this picture of the trash panda who lives above the old boilers that create the steam to power said turbines and generators need to spin.

I have named him "Cleatus" in honor of several of the steam fitters in the plant,
    20220517_140752.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Those Are Really Pretty An Plus Your Grandma Gave You Thrm My Friend I Can See Why You Like Them. Sorry She Lives So Far Away Tho.

~Toni~

6. Wow Thats Cool ASL! Thank You For The Reply! Do You Have Any Pics Of It?

~Toni~

7. Lol Well You Can Post Pics When You Get Home Right? Those Generators Sound Interesting Too. Sucks You Cant Take Pics. Cute Lil Racoon You Got There Too He Adorable. <33333

~Toni~

8. He is a cute trash Panda, but I think I'll leave him to take care of the generators when I'm done (God knows hes better qualified than most of the people in this plant)

I'll stick with my worthless half bengal cat, who gives less fucks sober than I do completely stoned lol.

20220123_120116.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Haha I Love How He Layin There. He Gotta Name Too?

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  10. Never heard about obeah before.

If I read it backwards it could sound like haribo. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. We named him Babou after the ocelot from Archer TV series, because he was a rescue from our asshole neighbors who moved away and left him behind, so he kept coming over to steal our 16 year old cats food. 20201107_105716.jpg and spent about 2 years feral and pissing or puking on things we cared about around the house.

Hes 6 now and generally living the good life. Which actually reminds me of a cool thing from my house. My wife is an accountant but is hoping to get into painting more. She painted a rock from the Shenandoah river to resemble Babou, as seen here, its a good likeness I think.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. I have signed Kevin Garnett jersey and signed Lee Brice(band) drum cover.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Lol Like I Said It Jamaicas Version Of Voodoo.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. IMG_20220524_221505.jpg

My Zeppelin clock permanently on 4:20
    Why wait!
    One of my favorite albums, Presence
    With one of my favorite songs Tea for One, which was voted Zep's worst song
    I excel in bad taste

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Speaking of clocks, here's my new clock. It lights up and blinks on the hour lol.

IMG_20220524_214341831.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Nah. It's pretty corroded from being at sea and after all these decades it's not much to look at. For me it's just having that interesting physical connection to the Battle of Atlantic and how the sailors went from warriors trying to destroy their enemy to human beings rescuing their vanquished foe from the drink. It helps keep me connected to my own humanity, most of the time anyway. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. #17 AR Toasty, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
    Since we're sharing clocks. This is my ship's clock, also set to 4:20 after it died. I finally figured out how to change the battery. It sounds a series of different dings every half-hour to help signal watch changes on overnight crossings. In about 17 minutes (at 12 AM), it's going to sound two double-dings.

IMG_1943-2.jpg

I don't really get attached to material things. But I do keep a collection of coins, a jar of Saharan sand, and a handful of seashells from various regions of the world from my travels. I also have a vintage brass sounding horn from my great-grandfather's fishing boat.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. I also have some glass paperweights. My favorite is from a long dead aunt.
    And here's a photo of my ISO 3 Quartermaster. IMG_2814.JPG IMG_2815.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Another Cool Item I Got Is My Chain That My Husband Buy Me It Say Road Runner An Got A Pendant Of Her Too. My Boo Calls Me The Road Runner Sometimes So That's Why It Special Too Me. Just One Of His Nicknames For Me Lol He Call Me That BC Im Hyper From My ADHD An An Always Moving Around Every Where.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  20. Found this in my shed -

upload_2022-5-25_14-6-38.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1