Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cooking with trimmings

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by buddies buds, Mar 14, 2012.

1. So I just recently trimmed my two plants of blue dream and I saved the good trimmings in a paper bag to dry. I was going to shake em for kief but I thought about cooking with them, maybe throwing some in a pasta sauce. Do you think the heat would cook the thc and have an effect on me like an edible?

2. yea you gotta bind the thc to a fat or lipid. make some cannabutter or oil.

or you can shake for kief then make edibles to have both. or you can make hash and then cook with that.

3. Thank you for all your input. I was thinking to make keif because it is easiest. Anyone know how to make oil?

4. Search. It's all there. Everything you need to know gas been gone over hundreds of times.

5. Cooking with trimmings is very common and works very well. As long as you are using the leaves with the crystals, it will be very effective for cooking. I can't believe anyone would tell you otherwise. Lots of people who grow their own routinely save the trimmings for cooking.

6. [quote name='"rickster74"']Cooking with trimmings is very common and works very well. As long as you are using the leaves with the crystals, it will be very effective for cooking. I can't believe anyone would tell you otherwise. Lots of people who grow their own routinely save the trimmings for cooking.[/quote]

Why did do many people tell me not to do this? Have you done it before? What did you cook? And how much pot? Tell me your experience if you have any

7. I think everyone was saying you cant add the trimmings directly to food (maybe).

Rick was right you take the trimmings and make canna butter with it. I've done it several times and I'm going to do it tonight with some LSD trimmings.

Quick question. Where did you get the blue dream from. I want some seeds for this strain but I thought it was clone only.

Enjoy

Simple recipe (not complete)
    Grind trimmings to a dust
    Boil trimmings with water and butter. Reduce heat once at a boil and simmer for 1-2 hours. This binds the thc to the fat of the butter (someone mentioned this above)
    Filter out the ground trimmings with cheese cloth, I've even used a tshirt to do this.
    Refrigerate over night (this separates the butter and water). The next day take top layer out (this will be solid, the remaining liquid is water. )

8. I have a suggestion - Make a butter/cream based pasta sauce. Mix the herb in during the cooking process. The fat ought to absorb enough of the thc to have effect.

9. [quote name='"rob121213"']are trimmings and leaves like the same?[/quote]

For the most part.
    I consider trimmings only the sugar leaves and popcorn buds. No fan leaves

10. [quote name='"Arcticgrower11"']

For the most part.
    I consider trimmings only the sugar leaves and popcorn buds. No fan leaves[/quote]

Agreed.

11. With trimming either BHO it or cook with it. I prefer the latter. Here's a good guide showing you how to make butter.

Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps! - 420 Magazineâ„¢

You just have to be patient and you'll have some fantastic product afterward!