Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cooking with old weed

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Happy Baker, Dec 31, 2014.

1. SO I have 1/4 oz plus of old weed. Been sitting on a shelf somewhere for a year. If I try to bake it into brownies will that work or not? I figured the chemicals would still be there and I could just slow fry some oil and make it work.

n00b here

2. Weed that is over a year old should have naturally decarboxylated.

If the THC is degraded it may take a larger dose.

Start small and work your way up slowly.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Should work just fine.  How was the herb stored?  If it was in a glass jar in the dark it may not have degraded that much. I wouldn't use more that one stick of butter or half a cup of oil.  Let us know how it goes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. It should be cured real good, especially if it was in a glass jar in somewhere dark

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hello! I just purchased some 1 year old bud from a dispensary. 1/2 oz for $110. Does it need more decarboxylation? Was planning to go sous vide for decarboxylation and then thinking 3/4 c. coconut oil infusion, also what are the views on adding Lecithin? Any Ideas and hints appreciated!

6. your weed has most likely disintigrated into Shwag. If its been sitting on a shelf for a year, its gonna taste like ass and not be very potent at all.

7. Ok, well best try a sample to see before we infuse. See if there's any potency left.

8. If it was in anything besides a mason jar and in a dark room, then it's probably not good to use.

If it's been stored in a mason jar and in a dark room, then you can go ahead and use it.

9. Why are you all bumping a nearly 4 year old thread? :confused_2:

10. Didn't notice the date, sorry. Will start a new one when my results are done

• Like Like x 1
  11. You're okay. If it's year old dispensary buds then it's not too bad. I've run tests periodically on well preserved and not so well preserved. You'll probably have a bit more CBN but it won't be bad at this point.

You will need to decarb just as much as if it were fresh. If you used sous vide before then you'd do the same as then. You can also use a sealed mason jar in a 240°F oven for 40-45 minutes.

Lecithin is a situational additive. If you have any kind of digestive issue then yes, use it. Otherwise it's your choice. Some people swear by it and others don't see any difference and I'm in the latter class. The jury is still out. :)

• Like Like x 1