Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cooking special brownies in a apartment complex

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Striker, Mar 8, 2010.

1. So i won't pester you guys with questions on how to make special brownies (although tips would be appreciated :D) but one question i'm a bit concerned about being my first time making them is the smell. I live in a apartment building with 4 other apartments, spaced out generally well. If i have the windows open and some fans blowing on the oven out the window do you think it would be safe to cook some brownies during the day? Like 4 pm? or should i wait at night when people are sleeping? Thoughts? Thanks in advance guys! :D

2. The biggest concern about smell would be right outside your apartment door.Smells usually leak out and will linger in the hallway. If a non weed smoker walks by the smell will be like hitting a thick wall of stench. if your kitchen has its own door or somthing like that you can then have 2 doors closed off and block the bottoms of doors. Then depending on how your houses are setup i would have a fan blowing out the window to get the smell all out and away from your apartment. Once its outside and somone gets a wiff its harder if not impossible to tell for sure which apartment its coming from. I would probobly cook at night. Hell if somones up and about leaving or c oming from there apartment at 2am then there probly drunk or on alot harder drugs than some weed brownies. Idk i guess it all depends but one things for sure it will always be stinky.

3. ^^ this, and put a towel under your front door and any other doors that your worried about it leaking out. Also light some candles, and or insents. You should be okay, but I would prefer doing it at night for sure.:p
    I'll give you a link how a brownie making link as well ina sec man. Hold up.

4. Deep fry or cook bacon while your doing it. It wont mask it completely but people may ask if you burnt your bacon.

5. yea that as well. Plus you can eat the bacon when you get the munchies :D.

6. Thanks a lot man this is really informative! :D Cooked em awhile ago, didn't smell quite as strong as i thought, so it all went smoothly thanks for the advice guys :D

So i think i ate about 5 of them about an hour ago, not sure how long it takes em to kick in. I'm a bigger guy with a slow metabolism so i imagine an hour or two.

Used half an oz of mids, brownies were small to medium size.

Made sure not to smoke before hand so i can feel the effect hit me hopefully :)

7. lol nice
    How'd it go?

8. so you used that guide and it worked out well?

9. you doubting him? lol jk
    suppose so, but he isn't posting how it went. I'll wait a few more days and keep an eye on the thread. Hopfully he posts something because I'm pretty interested to see it went for him. :D

10. Hey guys! Ok after last night i defiantly think i need to take a tolerance break. either that or i didn't use enough marijuana lol. One of the two. Ate about 9 of the suckers, after about an hour and a half i felt a bit different but not much, then 2 hours was pretty good but nothing major. I decided to try again on the way to school, as a wake and bake type of thing. Ate three of them and drank a whole thing of that naked mango juice. After about 2 hours while sitting waiting for my friend to get done with a haircut it hit me pretty hard. Felt real tired and giddy (fell asleep for a bit there to at the hair salon lol) and people seemed to move slower. after about an hour it was gone. Was pretty cool.

I think i'm gonna make it again next time, but with better marijuana and right after my tolerance break and see how it goes then.

Thanks for all the help and support guys! :D

11. You should have been uncontrollably high if you ate like 9 <.<

Ive made 2 batches in the past month of brownies with an ounce of mids in each, and half of a brownie (about the size of two sharpie caps) was enough to get pretty retarded.

I use a different method than what Ive seen on the forums here. I used this as a guide The Ultimate Guide to Making Pot Brownies / THC Extraction - Drugs And Booze Forum and used method B to extract. Ive never had a problem with smell either times making the brownies. The brownies were incredibly potent and the highest Ive been in a long time. People who tried the ones I made reported waking up the next morning stoned and said it was the highest theyve ever been.

Ive been looking at the guides on this forum and looking at some books and am a little curious to try them because they seem so much different from the method I used (using actual leaves and plant matter in the brownies or the extraction method), and I know the method I used works really well from experience. I plan on buying like 2 ounces and doing one with the method I use as a control, and one with a method I choose on the site or book and seeing which I think is best.

12. Cook Indian Food while you're baking... the smell of the shit will overpower any smell of the brownies, and no one will want to come near your apartment...