Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cooking Question with Canna-Oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by KaptainKush108, Mar 11, 2013.

1. A particular recipe I have seen (BadKitty's) states to cook oil at 220F. Now I am using a gas cooker using 'gas mark' measurements and Gas mark 1 is supposedly 275F, this is obviously too hot, but what can I do as there is no lower temperature setting, if someone could suggest a solution I would be very grateful.:eek:

2. What is a "gas cooker"?

Anyway, get an oven thermometer and find out exactly what the temp is at the lowest setting.

3. Gas oven sorry I should of been more specific. As for an oven thermometer thanks I will look into it.

4. #4 GreenPhoenix, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
    Cook with plain oil, then dress with medicated oil before serving to reduce degradation. :) Viola!

If you mean you can't make oil on the stovetop, use a pot of simmering (not boiling) water and a mason jar (and some time) or seal your herb and oil in a container and cook on low in the oven (no higher than 200f) if the actual oven has a lower setting.

Apologies if I'm not more help.

Check this out:

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-canna-caps-uv-reactive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more-22.html#post11299348

5. The actual oven is the oven I'm talking about, but it is gas powered and uses gas marks as measurements (gas mark 1, 2, 3 etc.) I do not have a mason jar so I am probably going to get a oven thermometer and try to get the temperature as low as possible. Thanks for help anyway:cool:

6. Oooh, wait. Do you have access to a crockpot? That might be an option.

7. Not me personally, but one of my friends are sure to have one.

8. #8 GreenPhoenix, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
    Snag one, and put some water in there and set it to low. Give it time to heat up the water and check the temperature. If it's peaking under 215f (consistently, better to undershoot and process longer than overshoot and burn it off), you're good to go. Pop your decarbed herb and some (preferably) coconut oil in a glass jar, seal well and set it in the water.

Be careful with the water levels and be prepared to wait a couple of hours. Check the temps/water levels every now and again for paranoia's sake.

After it's finished and cooled, it could (possibly, check the established threads) benefit from an overnight in the freezer, followed by a second heat up period like the first.

Not ideal, but you should be rewarded by some of the strongest edibles possible.

Just like cooking good Barbeque: Low and slow.

9. If you can keep it between 230-250 F., you're fine. Put the (decarbed) weed and coco oil in something oven-proof -- I use a Pyrex measuring cup -- and let it go for 3 hours.

It doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

10. 3 hours? Sounds long but I will try it out, I will keep the oven switch turned a 1/4 way to gas mark 1, thanks.:smoking:

11. You should get an oven thermometer as I previously mentioned. You can get them at any supermarket, etc. for just a few dollars.