Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cooking oil question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Wiredpanic, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Due to living arrangements I can't do the conventional simmering method for cannaoil so I tried putting the bud and oil in a jar and put it in boiling water. I still have the bud in the jar after several hours. Does this boiling method work for making good cannaoil boiling and simmering for an hour and get a good amount of thc? And does keeping the jar unopened for several days after boiling would the oil be more potent since its still with the ground up bud?

2. Sorry, I was baked when I wrote this. Simplest way to say it is I put weed and oil in a jar, put the jar in boiling water and after and hour I take it out and let it sit for a day. Got a good batch of brownies last time, but I'm wondering since with boiling water the temps are low enough to not vape the weed how long should I let it go for max potency

3. use coconut oil

4. and a crockpot

5. and 3 days

6. where can i buy coconut oil? in the store near the canola oil?

7. You should be able to. It's usually in the form of a solid though so look for like jar or something.
    I usually decarb, grind, use the old jar and pot of water to double boil it for about 2 hrs on medium heat so that the oil is hot but not smoking or boiling. Then I let it sit in a cool, dark place for about a week. Give it a shake every few days....

Oh and btw, it smells HORRIBLE xD