Conversion HID>LED

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by PappaRoach, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Hi guys im new here n wondering if i could borrow some tips , been growing for yrs with HID’s, i have ordered some LED’s to replace them. i grow in a 2mX2m room, i have ordered 2x 2400w full spectrum, infared, uv, lights. My Question is will this be enough to Veg them with decent yield or should i keep a 600w HPS in there? any advice from experienced growers would b appreciated,
    Cheers
    PappaRoach

2. The lights you ordered are surely not 2400w LEDs. Sounds like more crazy scam lights that folks buy off of ebay, amazon, alibaba, etc.

I would post the link to the lights you ordered so that folks will know what you're working with.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. for the first grow with these lights

I'd be hanging the HPS up high ready to lower

just in case ...lol

good luck

Attached Files:

5. You’ll need about 1500 watts for that space at 40 watts per sf. Those LEDs only draw 450 watts each so you’ll need the HPS for sure. Might be able to veg under the LEDs but come Flower Time, your HPS is the powerhouse. I think we discussed this already or I’m having a feeling of deja vu?

6. Ya, that’s one of those light scams. I’d estimate that you’d need about 9 of those to flower a 7’x7’ space. Looks like they are almost completely red diodes so they’ll probably suck for vegging. You’ll want to keep the HPS in there and plan your grow based on the lighting you have, not the available space.

Maybe consider returning those LEDs.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. I
    Havnt used either of them lights, the 400 might struggle unless its sog or scrog, I always try for multiple lights to give better light spread without casting shadows and having the complete area lighted at same levels, also if one is faulty it won't hurt the cycle as much while you find a replacement. When I set up I always factor in for trouble, as yes you can have spare equipment but if you go away for a few days and you only run a single light and it goes your not gonna b happy, same goes with fans and pumps ect, I do things a lot diff than most but I travel away from home often and need the peace of mind that I might come home to a system functioning at a lower percentage but its not dead and the plants won't suffer to much. I havnt grown in an area as small as 80x80 but if you tell me your growing method (scrog, sog, nft, christmas tree, ect) I can give you my advice and then use it with other peoples info to suit you.

8. Yeah man those lights are 450w so are the equivalent of a 450w hps but cover less area and the penetration isnt as good so you gotta sog/scrog or whatever else to get a nice even canopy.
    I use similar blurple leds and just got an hps to try out. The hps is vastly superior for bloom. Leds much better for veg though imo.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Hey dudes, like I said I do things little diff than the new era, here's another pic 1 week on. Gonna tuck tomoz hope ya dig the heavy primary screen, holds them down while they smash 2.5 lb + out, like normal I will post next week, those other little fookers are Bruce banner I have been abusing and neglecting.. Think they want in on the growth game now..

Attached Files:

10. I'm waiting for the day when someone asks I got 2 2400w LEDs is this too much and he legitimately is pulling 4800w from the wall with the best LED tech and we get to see what happens. For now when I see this I instantly think this poor guy got ripped off.

Check wall watts, have your HPS ready.

• Winner Winner x 1