Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Conversations with God

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Mayor_LaLa, Jul 25, 2002.

1. I just bought this book at lunch, and wanted to share a little bit of it with my City friends..... mainly because I have read a couple of threads that discuss God and his meaning/reasoning/existance, or lack thereof/Religion/ect.

Conversations with God (an uncommon dialogue) by Neale Donald Walsch, 1996.

"I have heard the crying of your heart. I have seen the searching of your soul. I know how deeply you have desired the Truth. In pain have you called out for it, and in joy. Unendingly have you beseeched Me. Show Myself. Explain Myself. Reveal Myself.
    I am doing so here, in terms so plain, you cannot misunderstand. In language so simple, you cannot be confused. IN vocabulary so common, you cannot get lost in the verbiage.
    So go ahead now. Ask Me anything. Anything. I will contrive to bring you the answer. The whole universe will I use to do this. So be on the lookout; this book is far from My only tool. You may ask a question, then put this book down. But watch. Listen.
    The words to the next song you hear. the information in the next article you read. The story line of the next movie you watch. The chance utterance of the next person you meet. Or the whisper of the next river, the next ocean, the next breeze that caresses your ear--all these devices are MINE; all these avenues are open to Me. I will speak to you if you will listen. I will come to you if you will invite Me. I will show you then that I have always been there. All ways."

A while back I begin to think that there were all sorts of "triggers" for us that open our way of thinking up, and reveal truths to us. However, I didn't know that anyone else shared this belief until I picked up this book.

What some would call a "bad trip", I consider the voice of God talking directly to me, in regards to a question I asked directly of him. I heard, "what is it that you want to know?" to which I responded, "Everything."
    Suddenly, without any warning, I began to have a flurry of thoughts, I couldn't sit still, and although I tried, I was unable to EXPLAIN what I was experiencing. My fiance, who witnessed this "trip", was scared, and I knew this not because he TOLD me, but because when he touched my hand, I could actually FEEL the fear that he was experiencing because of my reaction to this conversation in my head. I have NEVER been what I would consider to be "psychic", however at that moment I had no doubt that I was reading his mind (in a way) to be able to FEEL the intense fear that he was feeling.

The second time this happened to me, I reacted much more calmly, because it was no longer a unique happening that could be brushed away with an explanation of a "bad trip". I was STONE COLD SOBER the second time around, and yet the feelings were all the same, and the voice was louder. God addressed my fears directly, and told me to "Calm down, nothing is ever exactly as it seems."

Whether you take this as true, or whether you brush it away as the "crazy ramblings of a pothead", makes no difference to me, I share it only to provide inspiration to others.

With love,

LaLa

2. I finished the first this weekend, and am just now starting on the second.... I think, perhaps, the best way to read these books is with the understanding that this is a PERSONAL conversation between this guy and GOD.... but, through which we can glean understanding for our own lives.

I found the first one to be eye opening, and wonderfully uplifting.

I have had a couple of people tell me that they didn't believe that this guy could really "talk" to God, but when asked "why?" they could offer no sound reason. For some reason people like to think that after King James, God stopped talking.... lol..... which is really silly if you just take a moment and look at all that is in this world, all the good that is around us every single day.... how anyone can think that God has stopped talking to us, I will never understand.

*LaLa

3. Old but worth a quick glance.

4. just watched a youtube video on this subject and neil said he started hearing God at 420 am.......

I am really tottally into this...its awsome This is really lining up to whats going on with me right now.....starting to realize how "everything is one"

5. So did this chick have a "bad trip" on cannabis back then, or was it ok to talk about other drugs back then?  People who claim they can talk to a god rank slightly ahead of pedophiles, rapists, and serial killers on the list of people I don't want to run into.  :bolt:

6. I talked to God once, he said he didn't exist , so yeah.

7. I talked to God and He said He does exist, so yeah.
    Perhaps you should try talking to a different god?

8. nope, I'm talking to the same one and he says he doesn't exist.

9. I said try a DIFFERENT god.

10. awesome!. i feel we all connect or are disconnect with god depending on our emotions

feel god or want to feel good and god will bring you answers through various means..

if your stuck in a cycle of feeling bad that's whats created and recreated

its all about mental focus and emotional states

11. love for your god or your god cant have love for you <3

Have you ever learned something and felt a moment of enlightenment? And if so, did that feeling make the new-to-you information a lie, or fictitious, or untrue? Or did it mean that you were then brainwashed? 
    Emotional feelings are what they are, feelings. Feelings are real, but the only thing they change is your mood at the time. I've learned not to always trust my feelings because I have good days and bad days. When I feel a moment of enlightenment, I start looking for tangibles to back it up.

13. #15 Grimey Sole, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
    well one thing ive learned is to not be attached to those moments of insight or realization..

i really believe there is only one truth within each moment. but that one truth varies for everybody..

if i were to become attached to insight, there wouldn't be any room for the 'truths' that i experience to evolve

i see my emotional feelings more of an indicator.. if i'm stressing about some topic (money for example) well god will manifest that stress into my life by presenting me something to be stressful for.. when it comes to money

you can tap back into source/your higher self/ god/ whatever you want to label and guide yourself mentally to feel at least a little bit better than how you do now

new perceptions will take place.. you literally enter a new paradigm and emotion is what propagates that paradigm

so instead of ratcheting from good days and bad days or what i like to call 'rubberbanding', when can use our emotions and thoughts as indicators and tools to move us closer to how we want our lives to be by just jumping on that wave..

it can be really simple

and instead of trying to fix everything, we would just retrain our internal dialogue to be more soothing, like a best friend instead of the incessant of the mind to judge everything

and blam! god will manifest that!

i guess you can see it as a brainwashing... but this reality is an illusion. we see things, our brain rotates flips the image and science is recognizing the holographic nature of our reality..

but its an illusion either way.. so if you can have what you see be more fitting to what you desire, why not?
    have your cake and eat it too

14. #16 SiriusWolff, May 27, 2013
    Conversations with god probably not in the traditional sense. Communicating with the oneness or a higher being ya that's feasible as people channel as it is now.

Honestly we all have a different name but it's all the same thing. We can speak with everything because we are a part of it. We are part of the universe and it is part of us. God exists in everything he speaks to us everyday by the amazing things you see and experience not to mention the human soul. Now i don't believe in god in the christian sense but i do believe in a collective consciousness that is filled with love and knowledge and is our eventual goal. Life is a lesson and a gift that ready's us for what's to come after. Appreciate it and never yurn to strongly for the answers as you'll have them sooner than you'd like

15. #17 Grimey Sole, May 27, 2013
    well said^

we're always conversing with the universe, but only never really realize it if we see ourselves as separate.

when we see we are an intricate part of the universe, we can allow answers to come through to us (in various forms)

16. This just made me LOL. They cant figure out even one logical reason why he's not really talking to god... /facepalm

Oh, and for the King James part, yeah I'm pretty sure god didn't tell him what books to include into "his book". A little research on how the bible was formed is all it takes. I love knowledge.

17. nah i believe that to be old paradigm thinking... where we have to fulfill god's plan or else were damned or something along those lines
    god isnt sadistic or playing any games like that in my eyes

in this new paradigm god tunes into our personal heart desires, opens us up to our innate gifts and helps us find peace in our practical ilves