Conversation with a liberal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ~Blu, Aug 24, 2012.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZrqdZFFb5c&feature=g-all-c]Meet the Liberal Elite! - YouTube[/ame]

Biased, exaggerated at parts, and sometimes misses the mark (religion) but otherwise a pretty good video. Thoughts?

Personally, I can't believe I used to think like this haha :smoke:

2. LOL.

Guy - "When I want to help people, I give to charities"
    Girl - "That's why you will never change the world, government programs are much better"
    Guy - "When's the last time a government program helped you?"
    Girl - "Cash for clunkers"
    Guy - "Did you really use cash for clunkers, or is that the only name you can remember?"
    Girl - "I almost used it. It almost helped me."

3. :laughing: I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that. :D

Always love a good quote from a Kubrick film.:hello:

4. It's not just many liberals that harbour elitist thoughts of themselves and their agenda of knowing best for everyone. The religious-right do as well, and with just as much audacity and self-righteous hypocricy.

It's what happens when people fall into ideologies rather than thinking for themselves. One is nailed to the mast, making a decision on an issue before the discussion is held. Rather than the more pragmatical and reasonable approach of first holding the discussion, looking at the given facts, and then making up ones mind.

Then again, we're all biased one way or the other for whatever reason. It's what we bring to the table. Different views. Just as long as one do not think ones views are the only ones for all eternity and can never be changed, I got no problem :)

5. Indeed the video is blatantly lopsided, but was good for a laugh.

6. I don't know how you guys can handle watching animated videos that long with those awful voice overs.