Controversy about water !

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by superclift1, Sep 27, 2011.

1. #1 superclift1, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    Hello all,

I just want to discuss something, i don't really see a forum on it, I figure some new information wouldn't hurt.

My wife works for the City in the department of "Pollution control plant and water treatment" and i was having a conversation with her about what is really in our water, and my attention right away turned to my weed plants. She said that there is Chlorine, Fluoride, ect in the water.

Cant be good for our plants, but most people and fourms that ive been reading say to "boil" or leave out overnight (24hours).

Lets say you have arvage city drinking water.

Boiling water is worst for you then normal out of the tap water. Why ? When you "boil" water, all the water the evaporates is the "good" water. The only reason people boil water is to get ecoli out of it, but the city already puts chemicals in the water to kill ecoli. Yes there are a ton of chemicals in our water, but most of them the body can deal with. Hense all the water purification stuff you can buy, blah, blah.

Leaving tap water uncovered overnight will do nothing. Leave water uncovered for 48+ hours will slowly turn it into distilled water "sorta" chemails don't just evap overnight. Takes time.

So boiling water is bad.
    Water left overnight - mooo point. ...........( Cows opinion, aka not important, lol)

Yes we all have had successful grows with a ton of different water, ect ect. But bad water vs good water has to affect the plants health and yield somehow.

Best water for my plants is Distilled water (store baught 4L jugs) .69 cents, where can you go wrong.

I hope this thread doesn't bother anyone, would love comments or questions.

Happy growing :)

2. you can distill youre own through boiling fairly easily if you really want. you put youre pot of water on the oven like normal, turn up the heat. than when it starts boiling set up a ciran (sp) wrap roof over top so it looks like this

/\
    u

The u is the pot the /\ being the ciran wrap. the water vapor will hit the plastic condensate and drip down the sides and you collect it in a pot or whatever.

3. I used to always leave my tap water out for at least 24 hrs so the chlorine would evaporate off it...now I don't do it and I've never noticed a difference.

4. gotalighter, nice idea. but lots of work to get enough for an entire grow, i mean i have 16 plants on the go. They get really thursty !

bongsauce, and yes 24 hours will remove a little bit of chlorine, some of us may have better water them some, im just taking an anvarge ontario city drinking water.

5. (wants to know if using the chlorine/heavy metal neutralizer drops for aquarium water conditioning will work) > . >

An experiment shall be done < . <