Controlling your plants heights

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by justace, Oct 8, 2007.

1. I have a plant right now which is getting way too tall for my closet. It's about 3.5 ft right now and I only put it into flower a week ago. It's a pure sativa (randy candy). What can I do to keep this thing the size it is right now?

2. lst it low stress training

3. I realize that its a possibility but the problem is I have four others in that space right now and there isn't any room to tie down a 3 ft plant. Anything else I could do?

4. im not very familiar in the area but maybe you could top it. Again i dont really know about the timing and stuff but its an idea

5. There is no way around it im afraid, you will have to prune/top your plant.

Also, the plant will likely double in hight once you start flowering as well.

6. sativas and indoors don't go. i've gone in circles with this very same issue myself and practically gone nuts dealing with "it can't be done" answers to everything i come up with.

don't dismiss training though if you're already into your grow. why not move the plant up against a wall and put a vertical trellis there? then you're not using up any floor space.

i was actually going to create a thread about just this idea using 3 of my 4.5' X 4.5' closet walls for sativa training because my 1.5' X 1.5' SCROG table idea got shot down like everything else.

maybe your plant won't get ideal lighting off to the side, but you could devote and entire wall to the plant by building a simple wooden frame with twine webbing.

imagine a world where weed is legal and genetic engineers create strains that are super compact, but that have pure sativa THC profiles. then again, if it were legal, you could just grow it in your yard and not worry.