Controlling odor for cheap?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by simran, May 27, 2009.

1. Hello there GC community :D long time lurker here, finally decided to make an account though

Anyway, I've decided to give growing a try. I'm only going to attempt one plant for now, and I was wondering how strong the smell would eventually be? Will I need to invest in any sort of odor control method down the line, and if so, what would be ideal for someone who doesn't have a lot of money to spend?

2. OZIUM Air Sanitizer?

3. Hmm, this seems like a pretty good idea from what I've read about it, but do you (or anyone else) think that this would be a good choice for a small closet grow?

4. I keep one in the car, and it works wonders :)
    Also Welcome to the City, GrassCity!

5. so your growing indoors than?

there is a nice thread about how to make a cheap odor eliminator with a 5 gallon bucket, a fan, and this odor absorbing gel. its a real cheap option.

look around and search on here for it.

i grow outdoors in my backyard, and i just grow a bunch of aromatic legal herbs to cover the scent.
    works like a charm

6. Actually if you want a nice filter there is an awesome DIY thread about making a carbon filter for about 40$ i believe its in Growroom design, its a good thread and will take you step by step, if i wasn't so blitzed i'd remember who wrote it and hte title but hey at least i can somewhat point you in the right direction. But mainly hit the search for DIY CARBON FILTER.:smoking:

7. Sounds good everyone, I really appreciate all of the feedback :D