Control of odor/ozone

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Downgirl2182, Oct 29, 2011.

1. I am into my 5th week of flower and it has finally gotten to the point where my DIY carbon filter is not doing its job as well as I hoped. My room lingers of the smell. Not that I dont like it because I love the aroma! However I dont want it leaking outside considering I have an establishment very close to my home that the piggies frequent often. I thought of buying a small ozone generator but I have hear so many conflicting reports. Some people say it harms your plants. I do not plan having it inside my tent but outside of it in the room the tent is located in. Would this work and would it still harm my girls? I only planned on getting a small on that is maybe 400 or 600 mg/h. Or would I be better off buying an ona breeze or new ready made carbon filter? Any advice helps at this point.:wave:

2. Just build yourself one of the buckets I see everyone using. Its basically a 5 gallon bucket or even a large coffe can with a fan set on the top, with either liquid house freshiner or anything that has a nice strong good smell. The fan helps circulate the fresh smelling air. I've heard a lot of people say they love them and works wonders. I'm not flowering at this time so i cant say personally, but its definately the route im going when the time comes. Just search the security forums or search the entire website through the search function for DIY odor control. If the carbon filter is taking some of the scent away, and you use one of thoser buckets you should be fine!

3. Id save the money on the ozone generator and get the carbon filter. You know that it will work and you dont risk wasting time or money.

4. Uvonair UV-In-Line Duct Ozonator (High-Output UV Bulb) - 8 in
    [​IMG]
    280 bucks.. this one fits on a 8 inch duct...

Uvonair 1000 Junior
    [​IMG]

this one is 185... you toss this in your ducting... it covers a room about 1000 square feet...

if i had to choose i'd do the top one i linked too... the junior at the bottom apparently has some servicing costs attached to it...

either way.... you'd be hard pressed to beat these prices

good luck, keep us posted

5. ozone generators work better than carbon filters... people don't like them because you have to duct out of your house or into your attic... ozone is harmful to humans... and it corrodes... there is also a small service between grows... you have to wipe the bulbs down and check to ensure they don't need replacements(not all versions need replacements)