Contemplating Vaping.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by laZieGoncraZie, May 19, 2019.

1. Wassup homies!

I am a recreational user of marijuana since 2011. I won't say I'm a heavy toker, neither am I a once-a-month kinda guy.

I have recently been thinking about switching to vape but I don't have resources enough to buy a vape which has a high price tag.

Right now I was thinking about buying a Pulsar Apx V2. Do you think it's the right or somewhat right vape for a vaping virgin(Lol)?

Please do give suggestions and other information regarding this vaporiser or any vaporizer at this range.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. you should save up a bit more!! I don't have any experience with Pulsar.
    though, I do have experience with many sub-$100 vapes and they mostly all blew. one that didn't was a HotBox vape and that one isn't any type of portable. great introductory desktop.

however, if you already know you like vaping, and are able to save up enough for either a Seventh Floor DaBuddha or an Arizer Solo II those are my two most recommended options.

if you're looking around the $100 range though, you could also look into an Arizer Air (the first gen)

again, I have nothing against Pulsar or against your budget! if anything, here's a bump to hear from some blades who have tried an APX v2...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for the tip!

I have seen arizer air but I'm a bit hesitant since the mouthpiece is made of glass.

I'm careful when engaging with delicate stuffs but you never know, right?

Again the price range is double of Apx v2. I don't have enough arguments to consider it but I'm still keeping my ears and eyes open.

Thanks again!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. #4 cleanbudz, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    APX is garbage and cheap. Toxic off gassing of cheap plastics and shitty vapor quality. Don't buy your vape from ebay, Ali express or Amazon. Use puffitup, planet of the vapes, sneaky pete store, etc...those cheap Chinese vapes are cancerous made with non medical grade materials that will cause respiratory problems.

Check out this list of real dry herb vaporizers that are highly regarded and widely used. reddit: the front page of the internet

Also hop on the fuckcombustion.com forums for good information

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Thanks for the info. Though i don't think pulsar apx is garbage. I'm going through your links as of now and i found many new vaporizers. Thanks!

6. #6 CheebaWeeba, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    My suggestion is, don't get a cheap one.
    I see that reflected in a lot of the other responses too, so I'll just say - among us will be people that have "been there" with the cheaper stuff.
    Trust me on this, consider our collective experiences as an "expense saved" to you...because you could get a cheap one, but you're only ever going to have an "ok" experience...and what you want with vaping? Is to have it working optimally, if you want to be able to tell what a remarkable experience and ongoing (for me, aside from a joint or two a month) lifestyle change it is.

In my mind buying a cheap one will only do one of two things.
    The most positive outcome is you'll say "fuck this, I'll go better" at which point you've spent cash on more than one anyways.
    The other is that, like I've seen some cases of, you'll be put off the idea.

Also man, glass is good. Just be careful.
    Bottom line...if you want good taste and quality vapes...it's just not something you can go super cheap on. It's not like a bong, it's technology, it's evolution, and it's the tastiest and most efficient way to enjoy your green in a way that's more beneficial to your health.

I would also highly recommend the Arizer products.
    I mainly use an arizer solo 2, though I understand they have cheaper models.
    I've been kind of across most of their range, and while I haven't used it personally, I believe that their Arizer Air would give you a quality experience.

Just whatever you do, get a model that the herb isn't connected with anything hot directly, one that air heated in another spot is drawn/blown through the herb - You don't really want it coming into contact with heated elements etc.
    I'm actually in the process of upgrading to a storz & bickel (the guys that do the famous "volcano") portable vape, because I tried one the other day...and fucking wow...

Good luck in your choice. Let us know how you go.

Other advice: be patient. Vaping doesn't always start out with as much bang for your buck as you think it's going to. Give your body time to get used to it, it gets better after a few weeks that you're probably gonna hack up a bunch of bullshit from your lungs when you use the vape...the vapes actually help clear that stuff up. Your lung capacity will get better and your ability to more efficiently absorb vapour through them will grow over time, you just notice you're getting higher and higher from it. In the end, it's well worth both the financial and time investment.

• Like Like x 2
  7. That was a kind of a reply i was waiting for.

I was going through a lot of sub-$100 vapes and yea almost everyone is saying that i should go for a higher range as the quality will be better.

But you see i can't shell out more than $70 for it. Even that I've been saving for months. Now i need to save up for like 3-4 months for it.

So now my question is... should I wait or not? What you think?

Oh and yea by storz and bickel you mean crafty or mighty?

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it. ;)

8. [​IMG]
    Heres my Junker: about 5? years old now I'm amazed its still around

I bought this type as it looks like a 'work type' radio

and at a distance peeps think I'm on the phone ...lol

Best part is the variable temp but is in US-Farenheit

2nd best is you can use it while charging

the worst: .. the container is about the size of half your little finger

buddies see that as a plus meaning it tokes quick

The DaVinci Vaporizer

good luck

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1

9. Hm, I think it was the mighty, the kind of bigger one of the two.

Um...I guess your post begs the question - if $70 is all you can manage to put aside over a few months how are you like, affording weed?
    If you're growing it yourself or getting it free somehow, cool.
    But if you're buying it...your simpler, yet not always the most desirable choice will be to moderate and cut down a bit. $20 saved on weed is sure, less weed - but it's $20 towards a vape.
    It's one of those things I'd lean towards saying that it's worth it to try and adjust your usage if that's at all possible and do a little bit more saving if you're serious about wanting one.

That said, I had a look (not really expecting to find anything) for afterpay type options to see if there's any way you could get one and pay later.
    The good news?
    australianvaporizers seems to be offering some buy now pay later type options.
    I'm not sure what these would entail and I'd imagine your credit rating would likely be looked at...but it's an option that's available. Not sure what/how often you'd be paying them back at a glance, but yeah.

Failing that, I'm upgrading within a month or two, I'd be happy to sell you my arizer solo 2 once my new unit arrives...if you're still looking then I can probably do that for $90 which is half off. Had it less than a year.
    Just another option if needed at the time.

10. Weed here is grown in villages and sold dirt cheap. It's like buying a kg will cost you around$11.48. It's all organic but the potency depends on your luck.

Me and my friends usually visit remote villages for it. A 2 day visit and awesome fun.

Hey it seems airvape is selling in india. The airvape X is kinda coming in my budget after the coupon code they provided, so maybe I'll get that.

Cheers !

11. Back in the day 'we'(the old) made our vapes out of soldering irons

simply unwrap the tool and rewrap to suit the vape action

simple to add a variable pot to and set temp

all went well for months ..until

I needed the solder iron to repair my car in mid winter

that was a bummer! ..lol

Recipe should still be around the www someplace

12. Hey actually i had a friend who made that. We tried it out. It sucked very bad. :(

Maybe he didn't construct it proper, shit he was stoned when he said he making it.

So idk. Thanks tho. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. lol us too, soldering iron wires can take the heat(obv)

so you forget that they are live and hot

so yeah theirs many toasted fingers and curses

the ultimate was trying to get Volcano action out of a soldering iron

like with the bag full of smoke ...lol ...a Riot lol

we to were stoned ..lol

14. I used to have friends who smoked.... now a days I'm alone. :/

15. Anyone ever made one out of a hot air gun? I saw one that looked amazing. They were filling up garbage bags with vapes.

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. Nope. How to do that?

17. I do have experience with many sub-$100 vapes and they mostly all blew. one that didn't was a HotBox vape and that one isn't any type of portable. great introductory desktop.

18. Glass is the way to go, for flavor and heath. I have been using my Arizer Air2 for several years and I have only broken 1 stem, and it was a cheap copy with a tip.

That's saying alot, because my only surviving bong is silicon!

Anyways, this is the best tasting vaporizer I have ever had, and it makes me love top shelf weed even more.