Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Contaminated Weed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by vicvega, Jul 7, 2007.

1. some bastard sold me gritty weed. the first time iv ever had grit through my green, if you dip your finger in the bag, your finger will shine in the sun. is this stuff safe

2. Bite in one of the buds, see if you feel it with your teeth, if you suspect theres weight raising stuff in it; dont smoke some people caughed up blood because of tampered green

3. As far as I know, the grit is made of very fine glass beads. I would not smoke it at all, but I do not know for a fact that the beads are really dangerous if you smoke through a waterpipe. What we need are some scientists to come and tell us that the beads can or cannot somehow be vaporized to smaller particles when the weed burns.

where you at, scientists of the City??

4. where are you from man i wanna make sure im a ways away from anything like that

5. it is very gritty, but my mate has been smoking it for 2 weeks and he is fine. no sore throat, no cough. in fact he swears there is nothing wrong with it, im going up the wall iv been smoking marlboro gold and chewing nicorette for the last 3 days cause im paranoid about this stuff. but im close to breaking point i even bought filters, just in case this is only the 2nd time in about 15 or 16 years iv been without smoke

6. scotland and iv never seen anything like it, its like the john carpenters the thing

7. there is a sticky on contaminated weed somewhere on the forum, they say its pretty common lately in europe. it could infact be fibre glass or a variety of other bad stuff

8. the weed is from apparently from england :mad:
    Birmingham

9. i take it if you use a filter it is no good :confused:

10. Why don't you go back to your connect & bellyache about it? Ask him WTF is all the fiber-glass doing in my weed?

11. tried that dude the fuckers a psychopath, says there is fuck all wrong with it. and he was sitting with 3 mates all drinking wine. so for me it was an impossible i might take a wee walk round later. the way i see it if he wants to poison me......................... that is not on

12. I dont know im from the states, i couldnt find the thread about contaminates that I was talking about but it was posted by someone named le grueill something ridiculas and hard to spell.

It was basically explaining to test the weed for the gritty feeling = contams, you could also look at it under a microscope.

It said this problem is pretty big in Europe, being big busts lately and shortages of marijuana, it seems that this stuff is the only kind available, and was said to be pretty common. saying it is likely glass particles, metal shards, fibre glass or the combinations of such things, but is still uncertain.

like others said many people described the same symptoms as those above to you, sore throat, ect. and can cause respiratory complictions

thats all i remember about it. -- I dont know if a filter would work as ive never had comtams to my knowledge. I would have thought water filteration would have done the trick but someone above said differently so I dont really know, all I remember was just reading some of the stuff- maybe someone will be able to track down the thread im talkin about it was supposed to be a sticky.

13. You can not vaporize glass with a lighter. If it was indeed glass, using a waterpipe would completely eliminate any harm.

zalzal, your wrong about any dangerous from a waterpipe. If the additive is water soluble, using a waterpipe would be your safest bet. Also, hot water has the capacity to hold more solvent.

Its hard to tell what it is without performing some experiments on it- And its even harder to tell you how to remove it if you dont know what it is.

Call the cops on your connect. Call from a payphone somewhere and just say you bought some marijuana from this person and he added a weight filler that will possibly hurt all of his customers.

Fucking scumbag

14. this is a disgrace, the cops over here bust werehouses every other week full of weed. and not one mention of fibreglass, or metal its like they want everybody to keep smokin

15. I clearly said that I didn't know for a fact Alpha, I was just saying that I wouldn't smoke my weed if I found it to have grit on it.

However, I don't mind using google, and a quick search has shown that some forms of silica can be melted at temperatures of 900F, which is 400 degrees lower than that of a Bic lighter flame. I honestly don't find it that hard to imagine some of the silica melting into even smaller particles, and some of those particles making it through the bubbles and up the tube as you suck down the tainted smoke. Sure, even if that happens, the silica could be synthetic and wouldn't harm you at all.... OR it could cause silicosis. Take all the risks you want... I'll just buy a fresh sack instead. Who knows what else is in that grit.

16. All true, but powdered glass is different then silica.

17. If there is gritty stuff in it..
    Then I would def. not smoke it..

18. theory is that because of the number of busts, the person/people at the top of the grape vine are adding weight to regain losses from the busts going on.