Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

contaminated parafinalia.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 420friendly, Feb 18, 2009.

1. you are retarded.. you are from Utah, these people are referring to growing over in England and stuff, where there are much higher chances of being thermally scanned than here in the U.S.

2. #22 Squeaks, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    Quick question...Surrey, England, or Surrey, Canada?

Cause if your from Surrey, Canada...well...there's your problem right there.

After a quick read...England..well. Grow your own?

3. No need for name calling. Anyway, it still stands, show me a thread where someone on here has been caught up solely by thermal imaging, UK or US. People get caught through other avenues like saying the wrong things to the wrong people, there are just too many reasons that a small scale indoor grow-op won't get attention from the sky.

4. Glad to be in the good ol U S of A. :]

5. surrey england and ye im gonna reconsider growing my own cnt wait to start:hello:

6. sigh, the choppers use FLIR cameras, Forward Looking InfraRed, IR

"Infrared radiation is popularly known as "heat" or sometimes "heat radiation", since many people attribute all radiant heating to infrared light and/or to all infrared radiation to being a result of heating."

but yeah, just don't use a ton of energy and don't grow a ton of plants

7. What do you mean by that man? Canada is one of the best places to get bud, laws are so slack and cops don't care near as much.

8. #28 beamish, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    lol, well in my area (DC area) the Civil Air Patrol in conjunction with local and federal law enforcement uses thermal imaging equipment. they do fly overs of every populated suburb of DC in virginia, hitting every spot once a month.
    best luck in avoiding them is to live directly in the flightpath to IAD.
    but they dont use choppers either, they fly over in small single engine planes and then analyze the pictures they take afterward. (they take more than thermal imaging pictures, and their purpose is more than just for finding a pot grow - but that is unrelated).

9. you get ur weed half price in comparison wer i live in england!

ovr here its......

£20- for a 3.0g 8th
    £40 for 6g quarter
    £70 for half oz.
    £140-£200 (depending how chronic the bud is)
    £500 for half a bar (9 bar)
    £1000 for a bar

and the dollar is like worth half the pound so £1 is $2

10. Grow...your...own.

11. #31 Squeaks, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    I know, I was just trying to knock down Surrey man. No one likes Surrey. :devious:
    Hear about all the gang shootings happening lately? A mother got slayed in front of her child in Surrey, just the other day.

IMO prohibition is costing lives. As gangs fight for control of the black market, and cops don't really act on it...it's only going to negativly effect us..pot smokers =P Who really wants gangs in control of it?

12. damn canada must be a lot different... in the U.S. no gangs really control weed, sure some gangs sell it, but there are thousands of others too, so you never really deal with any gangs when trying to get the ganja

13. Thank the GODS for Medical Marijuana?

14. An 8th is 3.5 grams, not 3, a quarter is also 7 grams, not 6. I'm from England and I pay £25 for 1/8th, it's fucking ridiculous.

15. His point is that alot of things will imitate a marijuana grow in thermal imaging.

A snake room will probably put off more heat then a a grow room with 4-5 lights. So before you call someone retarded again, read the whole post and make sure YOU comprehend it.

I don't care how strict it is in England. They can't just bust down a door for having a hot room inside the house.

AND even though I'm not from the U.K I am willing to fucking bet that people bake all year round to keep the heating bill down, as they do in my area.

No matter how you cut it, the only thing stopping you from growing is you're self or who you live with.

16. thanks, but i understand reading comprehension. It is still irrelevant when people live in different states, much less different countries. You have no idea what rules are like in different parts of the world.

17. It's not really the weed that causes problems, it's prohibition. When something is illegal..and there's a demand for it, a black market is inevitable. Weed in British Columbia is at least a$7 billion dollar a year industry...it's huge and there's a lot of players in the game..think about all the hands that weed goes through, plus all the money. :confused: Of course the gangsters are gonna try to get a peice of it, but they want a peice of everything..but that's all they got..just a peice..most of the weed industry is run by potheads..not gangbangers.

I don't buy from gangs man..I buy pot from pot heads. :smoke: Canada is a really chill vibe, it's illegal but the cops don't waste their time busting you; and you wont get tied up with gangs unless your getting really 'grheeeeeaaaasssyyy'.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGNYM_cRMsU"]YouTube - Canada has gone to pot[/ame]

18. LED's just plain don't flower as well as HID's. They are fine for veg but yields suffer considerably when one uses only LED for flowering.

As for FLIR (infrared detection), it can't be used in the US without a warrant. I don't know it's status in other countries. At least in the US, if they already have enough to get a warrant you're fucked anyways. The Supreme Court ruled that an FLIR search requires a warrant.

19. But if you just get a 400 watter you'd be fine. It only increased my bill $20. My computer takes more juice than my light hahaha.

20. I have never gotten sprayed weed, guess im lucky..(probably gonna happen now ><)