Container size VS Height and Yeild

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Ganjohn, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Hi guys, I'm new to the forum thing but had a question maybe you can help with. Asking from anyone with experience, is a 15 gallon grow bag sufficient for a outdoor grow. It is in the southern Appalachians I plan on starting next month, anyone with experience in that area offer any tips it would greatly be appreciated. How big will a mostly sativa mix plant be able to grow in a 15 gallon container? I know there are many variables but an estimate would be good. Thanks!

2. With good conditions you can yield a pound out of a 15 gallon. But I wouldn't expect that unless you have a good strain, lots of sun, and good soil. My Blue Dreams last season were in 15 gallon pots. One yielded 2 lbs. The other had bad spider mite problems and had to be harvested early. She only yielded a pathetic half pound.

One thing that will really help, if you are using a fabric pot, loosen the soil under the pot and bury it half way. That gives you extra root space because the roots will grow right through the pot into the ground.

3. You read my mind!! I was thinking the same thing with loosening the soil underneath, the grow bag is mainly to transport my mix to my site. Thanks you for your input i really appreciate it!

4. I used some 18 gallon tubs last summer, they were definitely far too root bound by flowering... I found a pretty good spot where they got about 7 direct hours of light and they were between 12-17 ounces... Go bigger, youll be happy you dig down the road.

5. I'm also NE

6. FTR. Mjmamma lives in perfect growing conditions....not bitching, just jelly:wave: