Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

contacts and eye drops

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by oscurochu, Jan 29, 2011.

1. I usually use clear eyes for redness relief. Well, I just got contacts a couple days ago. From a little research, you shouldn't use eye drops that aren't specifically sold for contacts. I'm not sure if it really makes a difference.

Well, what should I use then? I plan on talking about this to my eye doctor next time I get the chance, but figured I'd stop here first.

2. I've used Visine for contacts and it worked great. That being said, I wouldn't put anything in my eyes while wearing contacts that wasn't made for contacts.

3. Honestly just look at it this way " yeah I know my eyes are redder than the devils weiner, my contacts are buggin out" Now instead of buying those eye drops you can buy more weed! Best excuse ever...

4. Im the type of person that upon confrontation, i hesitate to speak unless it is the truth.

that being said, its a lot easier when questions aren't asked. i have a job that i wanna keep. when the occasion does arise, that will be my excuse.

Just about a week ago I forgot to put in eye drops before I went into work. One of the managers asked why my eyes were red. After about 1-3 seconds of hesitation, i told her it was eye allergies. She seemed to believe it when she went into short conversation about her eyes. My reactions could have given me away, but the thought may not have crossed her mind. Next time I may not be so lucky... I don't wanna take the chance.

For now I can probably get away with blaming my contacts because I just got them, but I need to find a solution asap. Excuses won't work for ever.

5. I've had contacts for awhile and I always use drops when I need em. Never had an issue with drops and contacts, but contacts do suck ass.

6. Well in that case I've used a couple different drops for contacts and they all work about the same so nowadays if needed I use Visine for contacts or any kind that specifically says for contacts. The regular drops will cause your contacts to break down quicker and you don't want that stuff in your eyes.

7. are you saying visine is okay?
    there's a fine line between a person doing something and something not being okay to do... lol

if you dont know for sure, just say no. ill find out on my own, or just stick with what is proven to be safe.

8. That's not what i'm saying at all. The box will say in big letters VISINE and the slightly smaller ones right underneath that say FOR CONTACTS.

9. Sometimes when I take my contacts out my eyes get really itchy n when I itch them this weird stringy shit in my eyes. I'm pretty sure it comes from the contacts and I doubt the drops cause it cause my sister gets it also and she never uses drops.

10. I didnt realize visine made drops for contacts, until further googling.

but most eye drops for contacts are for rewetting. does visine for contacts relieve redness as well?
    besides, i heard visine sucks. I've never used it, i've always used clear eyes. I need a more reliable solution. If all else fails, Ill try visine for contacts.

any feedback on visine for contacts (anybody)? I'm interested in rewetting and red eye relief, mostly the latter.

11. I've had contacts for years, and I've been toking for years. I used to use visine all the time with my contacts in when I was young and had to hide smoking from my parents lol.:D

Yes, I used redness relief...always worked fine its just that the eye-drops made for contacts are more comparable to contact solution

12. so visine for contacts does relieve redness?

or just the visine for redness?

13. stringy shit is built up protein on the contact...

i usually use the "my contacts are fucked up" excuse and it works all time:smoke: