Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Contact Highs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by IgnoranceIsBliss, Nov 12, 2011.

1. hey, so everytime i take a smell of my stash i get a mild buzz is this possible or all in my head?

2. Smell can do some interesting things, but you're not high. It's like if you smell certain foods, it can pull up lots of feelings/memories.

3. then why do i feel lightehaded

4. I don't know, I didn't mean to understate how powerful smell can be, it can create a very powerful connection. Think of it like exercising, you're releasing a bunch of endorphins and other chemicals and it makes you feel really good, like a natural high. You aren't high on the compounds within marijuana, but smelling it can definitely make you feel that natural high.

5. yes it is possible and yes it is all in your head. mind fuck

6. so it will last as much as a high?

7. [quote name='"RastaMan21"']

so it will last as much as a high?[/quote]

Obviously not. Like he stated, you aren't high. It's simply from smelling it and your mind kinda just went crazy over it.

8. who knows? it's all in your head dude...THC isn't active until heated to a certain temperature. That shit probably smells nice, but it ain't getting you high. I promise.

9. like a craving?

10. what????!!!!??

11. Definitely not. Contact highs are fictional. I remember my English teacher tried telling me that she experiences contact highs when people are high around her, so I said "Really? Have you been high almost every day this year during our block then?". This was near the end of senior year, so I didn't get in trouble, but she didn't reply. Proved her wrong.

12. Just from smell I doubt that, but other other kind of contact highs I have faith in