Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Contact high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Castle 420, May 22, 2010.

1. I've never gotten a contact high. And for the most part honestly thought it was just a joke. But lately I've heard a few of my friends throw the term around.
    SO.

Have you ever gotten one? How intense was it? Where? How?

Give me some details, son. :p:smoke::hello:

2. I've never gotten one. Although when I'm around high people I think I act more high so they feel comfortable around me. Or maybe I just tune in to their highness and become higher... idk i'm really high right now...

3. What your talking about is referred to as the Placebo Effect. Wiki it and read up. My short version - When your around people that are under the influence you feel the need to fit in, you may feel happier, "drunker", as if you yourself had taken the substance that they have. Go to a party where you know there will be drugs (whats a party with no drugs?). Youll see your character change drastically through out the night even if you stay sober. Since the evolution of man from the caveman we have developed a part in our brain called the Frontal lobe, the situation making and choice selection section of the brain. It puts you in a situation where you yourself fit in with the crowd of drunks and you yourself start to get sloppy even being dry

4. I don't know about getting "high" from just being around someone else who was baked, but when I think "contact high," I think... :smoking:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VOhnbvz7XQ&feature=related]YouTube - 2009 4:20 4/20 Marijuana Rally at the Vancouver Art Gallery[/ame]