Console gaming or pc gaming?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by I3 Eazy, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Computers are more expensive, but worth it.

Not only that, but the feeling you get after working on a computer for hours, pressing the power button, and the machine roaring to life is like no other. Unless you're a mechanic.

2. IMO PC defeats all.

Recently built a pretty decent PC - not just for gaming but well able to do so. Running Far Cry 3 at pretty much max, 1920x1080, with no lag. There's just something more pleasurable about the PC imo. I love this thing - do everything on it - since it has been built my xbox has literally not been turned on, either.

3. #83 kgb424, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
    bought a new dell 3.4 gig I-7 desktop and loving it, very much, played friends Playstation's prefer pc, the graphics are better on pc. bought far cry 3 and the most wanted remake, seen doom 3 3d looked bad ass, but will wait a little before picking it up.

4. #84 passthebilly, Jan 11, 2013
    Microsoft is not a PC hardware manufacturer (only mouses keyboards etc). Prebuilt computers are retarded, they have ugly cases that are a pain in the ass to work on, they are double the price, have crappy power supplies, weak/noisy cooling, dodgy motherboards. Usually the warranties are only 1 year anyay, and why would you buy a computer from a company that does not even allow you to open the case lid on it? If you build a computer with reliable, well reviewed parts, some manufacturers give you 5 year warranties for their parts, and its not uncommon for them to last 10+ years!

I have never needed to solder something into a computer, what are you on about?

Luckily, anyone who knows a thing or 2 about PC's or any computer shop can upgrade a brand name PC for much cheaper than the official upgrades. But for upgrades like RAM/Video card, you take the time to carry that computer to a repair center and PAY people to spend 1 minute sticking them in a slot for you? LOL

Idiots are the highest profit market in the technology industry. (see: ipad)

5. It's not people who do it, it's companies.

My friend went to replace the mobo and graphics card inside his laptop, and noticed that his CPU, mobo, and GPU were all fused together.

I did some research and noticed those same parts are also soldered together on my laptop as well.

I'm saying custom built PCs are better because prebuilts fuse them together so that if you'd want to upgrade that part, you'd need to practically destroy the computer to do so.

6. It all comes down to if you like playing a game by yourself or with your friends. I prefer console like a long shot because I feel like a loner on pc when all my friends are on xbox. PC gaming really isn't anything special like people say it is unless you are looking for a PC Game thats not on console. The price you gotta pay for a good gaming PC isn't worth the extra graphics in my opinion.

7. ...Have you ever used a good gaming PC?

8. FPS ---> PC

Sports ---> Console

9. #89 passthebilly, Jan 11, 2013
    If you need to replace anything other than ram/hdd/odd/cpu/pcie mini cards on a portable computer that's not under warranty, it's cheaper (at least in the long run) to buy a brand new one lol.

10. Easiest way to find out how serious someone is about gaming: Ask them if they prefer console or PC...:smoke:

11. I won't pay up another $2,500 to Apple. They've screwed me over enough. :smoke:

I'm just saving up for a good gaming rig now and using this to pirate music and shit.

12. [​IMG]

13. Could have got 4 xbox 360s and 3 ps3s and 1 wiiu for all that

14. #94 full melt, Jan 11, 2013
    Some people buy computers for reasons other than gaming on it. My system was over than $3000 but it was built for my studio to make beats. The specs obviously transfer well over in to anything else I want to do.

15. Yeah, but then you still have to buy a computer. :D

16. It was a joke. No shit a computer can be used other this gaming (THIS SITE)

17. Oh my bad. It's hard to tell which of your comments in this thread are legitimately stupid and which are jokes.

18. Hope that 3k for beat system takes you real far .

19. #99 BP to the DP, Jan 11, 2013
    Lol this thread has so much fail.

Most normal households have at least one desktop, and a lot of them have two or more. An average, prebuilt desktop is probably like $300-500. An xbox or ps3 with all the needed peripherals is what, $300? So instead of getting a pos desktop and pos console, if you pool your money together, you a can get a gaming PC for $600-800 that you can use for the internet, schoolwork, whatever. And even a lower end PC like this will graphically blow any console away. you can also use either a wired xbox controller or ps3 controller, whatever you prefer.

Not to mention games are cheaper, and mods. I know you hear that all the time and dismiss it a nothing, but mods can literally change a game into a whole new game. Ever heard of DayZ?

And there are some fucking amazing pc exclusives. The only xbox exclusive worth playing its forza, and for ps3 mgs.

Lastly, if you're worried about losing the console "feel" while playing games, do what i did. Plug your pc into an hdtv in front of a couch, and use a controller. Feels like I'm playing a console, but oh so much better.

20. Was waiting for DayZ to be mentioned, so happy it did. <3