Consequences of riots on gun control sentiment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VikingToker, Jul 1, 2020.

1. What do you guys think will be the impact of the current situation on the gun control debate?

News move fast in America, it's not long ago that the outrage of the month was gun control in the wake of the massacre at the highschool in Parkland FL where all the kids got national attention in the protests and there were big calls to curtail guns

Now that's a whisper and a shadow, as far as I see - but will it come back?

• Like Like x 1
  2. That shit is gone.

3. it must really be awful going to school in the states.

waking up every morning be like "well i wonder if today is going to be the day my school gets shot the fuck up"
    "hey we have bullet proof back packs now"

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. They want to be in complete control with everyone else silent and helpless so yeah, they'll go back to removing guns from law abiding citizens when the cops are gone and we start defending ourselves.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Gun control is hitting your target.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Schools in the US are safe. The scary places are the black neigborhoods. Bullets flying everywhere as soon as the weather gets warm. CNN wants you to believe that your children aren't safe unless the government takes all the guns.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Gun sales are way way up. I don't think the second amendment is going anywhere, especially if we are going to allow property destruction and entertain defunding the police. Lol defund the police... What a bunch of morons

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. #8 JKill, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    o_O

okie dokie, tell that to the 350+ kids that have been killed.

hard to fix a problem you can't admit you have i suppose.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Given that riots are a small demographic of the more so protests and movements we've seen, my opinion is it will be small.

10. Lets see you can legally manufacture your own guns in America, hows gun control supposed to work.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Schools in the US are safe. There is no systemic racism in the US. Donald Trump has done a very good job as President. Our society has become decadent. Communism and globalism are real threats.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. wrong.
    wrong.
    wrong.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  13. Hmmm, so when all the supporters of anti gun legislation are rounded up by their own political party for political re-education, who will save you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. #14 JKill, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020

I cant tell if this is directed at me, because you didnt quote or tag me, so my bad if it wasnt me you were talkin' to lol

I never said I was anti gun,
    I got lots of guns.
    I love hunting

• Like Like x 2
  15. No Step On Snake

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. You betcha! Like immigration, the political platform is just too valuable to "settle once and for all".
    But nothing drives a narrative like a shooting in a gun free zone to kick start the movement.
    Just like rioting cured covid. Now that the riots are settling, covid is killing us again.

I can understand the difficulty of trying to learn American from afar. But you seem to be ahead of most.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. My one semi automatic home protection isn’t registered and I’ve got boxes of ammo in several different places - just cuz.

I’m guessing many do the same.

I guess try and take it away - simply not happening. Now multiply X millions of families in America that simply use for protection and/or hunting... responsible good people who will protect themselves and their neighbors and gladly.

We dont hold our guns sideways like idiots.

j

• Like Like x 2
  18. California has regulated to the point that nearly all my guns have become illegal while sitting in the safe. But that doesn't make the guns in the safe useless enough, so they now regulate the ammunition. Now we have to sign for ammo and must prove we own a registered gun of that caliber in our name to purchase ammo.
    Most guns are not legal here only because the manufacturer refuses to reconfigure, or pay the ransom for California approval. A day of practice is going the way of the Do-Do bird. Most of my practice now involves dry firing.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. I’m so sorry man.

I’d like to think that this wouldnt happen here in Maine - there are too many hunters and definitely too many rednecks living out in the woods and holy crap - but there would be some irate Mainers over something like that.

Folks here have grown up with guns - different flavours for different occasions - assault rifles for 4th of July; a nice Colt or “dress revolver” to marry off 14 year old Sally to her cousin Frank down the road apiece -

Ayuh.

In all seriousness though, I’m really sorry about this. I dont know how this can even be legal for CA as this is written into our Constitution - and for the very best of reasons. Is there nothing you can do?

j

20. I can insist on having my way and go to prison. Or I can rely on the whim of NRA.

Honestly, I feel as a convicted felon I don't really have a leg to stand on. But that doesn't change communism from what it is. I fully believe that law abiding citizens should own any firearm they so choose.

As a felon, I haven't looked into having my constitutional rights restored. I don't see the advantage of anyone in California having a gun registered in their name. It's certainly not worth giving up my "get out of jury duty" card.

Hopefully I will be relocating to the Black Hills in a year or so.

• Like Like x 1