consciousness prisoner of doom

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Digit, May 25, 2008.

1. ... anyone else up for a prison break?

2. Word. I think in 2012 we might just find that the walls around us were the walls we'd have to get through to get in to the prison, not out of it. ;)

3. heehee... yeah, reminds me of those folks seeking to fit into tighter and tighter defined constraints. :rolleyes:

4. If something good doesn't happen around 2012 then I'm going after the creator and take matters into my own hands..... or should I say spirit. Enough is enough! Don't you think?

5. Heck, I hadn't even imagined any possible outcome into 2012 besides either Doom, or absolutely no change. Wouldn't it be nice for this age of extreme . . . tension, unrest, conformity, REALITY! to just extinguish itself somehow, and leave behind a more complete and enlightened world. I see a spark of light in our near dark future, and it goes be the name Obama.

6. Oh boy.....will people ever learn :(

7. Yeah all you have to do is doubt, and before too long you'll be doubting you even doubted in the first place. :)

8. it would be nice and of course i voted for it (although i dont think obama is the "spark of light") but nothing will happen unless each individual looks to better themeselves and everyone starts to create that 'heaven' from now.

HURRY UP! START BUILDING HEAVEN!!! :wave:

9. <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oaiHjNSO-Wk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oaiHjNSO-Wk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I dont think a single thing will happen on 2012 and even if it does were screwed anyway so why worry about it?

10. Right on brotha :D. People gotta stop waitin and relying on others for change.

11. I would love to be part of some utopia, but I don't think 2012 is going to do it. Common sense pretty much dictates that things aren't just going to change overnight (for better or worse). Maybe things will head in a new direction after said date, but even so I believe it will take some time before anything substantial crops up.

I can only hope that I'm wrong.

12. I can't help but feel that we're living in the next Epic Generation.
    Somedays, I just get the feeling that...everything is going to work out, everything will be alright, and somehow life is good. I don't know if it's just me reverting to childhood innocence, but even if it is, I want to carry that small fleck of innocence through my life.
    Whatever happens, I just hope I'm around to witness some good come out of it all.

13. I have a good idea for everyone: try to find some good in NOW.

14. So Crazy it just might work. Funny that you mention it, I've really been focusing on living in the "now" as of late, while still not being too drastic and reckless about it. I've only got so much time on this Earth, I wanna have a pretty full suitcase when I leave this world.

15. There is a really good book called "The power of Now" that is selling really well worldwide. I got it as a gift and it works. It helps you minimize your reactionary, ego driven mind which is always a good thing. Helps people chill out.

16. When you get to the heart of matters... it's the heart that matters.
    - Counting Crows

17. Most likely in places out side of NH we will see the rise of the police state stripping us of more freedom, expect to see the fema concentration camps located in most of the states come into use. NH will be another matter, by 2012 many more Free Staters (http://freestateproject.org) will have moved in and we will be making progress toward liberty.

18. I think our present generation has no current identity. It is sort of like the technological age, but I don't know. Or the generation of fucked up celebrities. Sigh...

19. I bet you the hippies couldn't imagine what they would be like when they became parents.

20. i think the new generation(14 year olds i guess) is a perfect example of the social programming the government has executed....dumb. not really dumb just programmed into a dumb way of thinking...it can be broken :)