Consciousness, awareness, the brain, and reality

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by YEM, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Can anyone explain this?

What is the true distinction between mind and brain?

How is reality any apart from consciousness?

And what is awareness in the sense of consciousness? Does it lie beneath it or is it a play of it?

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYB0VW5x8fI]Terence McKenna: Culture is not your friend - YouTube[/ame]

here ya goooo

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnvM_YAwX4I]Holographic Universe (Part 1 of 5 ) its all illusion. - YouTube[/ame]

as well as here

i suggest watching all the videos in the

"universe inside a cell" thread as well

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrcWntw9juM]John Hagelin, Ph.D on Consciousness 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

4. We are all holograms of the universe, each inherently imprinted with all information and all being, eternally existing in a toroidal fractal of ourselves.

God told me this after taking a heavy dose of a chemical Albert Hoffman discovered.

5. To me, I see the brain as a physical object while the mind consists more of information and relaying information to other physical objects. The way I see it, "consciousness" is just a light relaying information via biophotons and photosensitive molecules.. In a sense, all matter emits light (which causes color) and since I believe our biophotons are the basis of our awareness, technically in that sense, all matter is "aware" via emitted photons, however most matter isn't responsive and physically reactive (as in a rock moving out of the way of danger). Biological organisms are supremely sophisticated in their intricate machinery, and it is this naturally built machinery that allows us to become conscious.

6. IMO there is no distinction between the mind and the brain. It would seem without the brain, there would be no mind. "How is reality any apart from consciousness?" I don't understand the question... I'll take a stab in the dark if you mean "is consciousness reality?" Consciousness (perception) isn't necessarily (objective) reality, and reality is not consciousness (perception.) The universe would exist whether or not you exist to perceive it's existence lol

"And what is awareness in the sense of consciousness? Does it lie beneath it or is it a play of it?"

I'm sorry if I don't directly answer your questions, but you've worded them so strangely lol Consciousness IS awareness, but self awareness is another step beyond awareness. Consciousness is the state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings, and self awareness is the conscious knowledge of one's own character, feelings, motives, desires, etc. It's just awareness of the self.

We are just observers in a universe (reality,) and our ability to observe (consciousness, self awareness) is a product of our brain. Ya dig?

I hope I helped.

7. brain and the mind are the same thing, consciousness is the sensory perception of a reality that we assume exists, awareness is consciousness.

badabing, badaboom.

8. The brain is your hardware and your mind is your programming. Theoreticlly the same information could be encoded on any hardware. For us its brain matter, for our computers its metals