Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

confusion on best method of storage for weed cookies(or edibles in general)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by tblazer100, Jul 26, 2017.

1. So I am picking up 3 weed cookies at some point in a few days from a mutual friend and I wanna make sure I know how to keep them fresh and potent for long-term storage. Granted I'm probably gonna have all 3 of them within the upcoming months, but I wanna make sure I know how to store them long-term to be safe.

I'm reading in a lot of places that freezing them is a good idea, but my connect swears by using a mason jar with a rubber top (or rubber ring around the regular tin top) and says he would avoid freezing because it messes with the thc.

Can someone help me out on which method would be best for long-term storage of cookies? I know mason jars are pretty common just not sure about the rubber parts.

Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2. Freezer would be best if you plan on keeping them for more than 2-3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. A jar would work as long as it doesn't grow mold. Vacuum sealing+fridge would be the best imo.

4. would having them in a Ziploc bag inside a Tupperware or plastic container be efficient enough?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Something like cannabis cookies that won't be eaten for a while belong in the freezer. Freezing an edibles doesn't mess with the THC. Your cookies won't mold in the freezer.

6. is a regular Ziploc sandwich bag inside a plastic glad container good enough???

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. that inside the freezer I mean

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes, Freezer.. Double wrapped to keep them from drying out. Freezing doesn't degrade THC
    BNW

9. ok how's the cookies wrapped in plastic wrap, in a Ziploc, in a container sound? or should I double Ziploc it?

10. and is it ok to freeze even for a few days storage?

11. also let's say I take all the cookies out of the freezer for like a day or so, and then put them back on the next day, would the temperature shift throw anything off?