Confused: Weird Leaves...good Thing Or Bad?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by twinklenugs, Aug 20, 2014.

1. #1 twinklenugs, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    Hi all. I'm a new farmer, and have been lucky enough to have done pretty well so far first time farming. I've harvested about eight plants only about 18" -36" tall, different strains with lots of buds. Recently I went back to pick up new plant babies from the dispensary. They started out strong, good color, vigor but now, they all have gone from 5 leaves to 1 weird round leaf with lots of nodes in about 6 weeks. I don't know "why" this happened and what's wrong with them. I'm guessing its not good...but are the plants salvageable, or should I get rid of them and start new. I live in SF bay area and my plants are all outside.

Attached Files:

2. Pictures would help a lot but it could just be in the plants genetics. Are they all the same strain?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    Lol never mind the picture loaded as soon as I posted

3. #3 twinklenugs, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    All different strains. I'm not a smoker myself. I buy a lot of different strains for my adult daughter who has Spina Bifida to see which strains she likes and help with her chronic pain, and which strains thrive the best in my foggy climate. So far I've had pretty good success except for this week which seems to have made most of my plants grow strange.
    Here's another photo.
    (I've tried to use the forum uploader but its not working)

[​IMG]

4. So I've heard this can be a result of re-vegging. When the plant reverts to the vegetative stage from flowering for any reason it will start to produce the single oval leaves before making the fan leaves again. I'm not sure why it does this but the leaves resemble the cotyledon leaves that you first get after germination. All in all the plants are fine unless you see them start to decline. You can let them finish

5. So, just continue with the regular watering etc and they will grow regular leaves again?
    Its so strange that its just the new plants I bought that have done this. I thought maybe it was the overcast weather? The bay area hasn't had much of a sunny summer where I live.
    But its the strain? I have Choco Hashberry, Girl Scout Cookie, Alien OG, and Chernobyl.

6. looks like a reveg for sure. You bought clones right? I'm guessing one of the clones got confused it was probably taken from a plant ready for flowering. I've seen the same thing on my plants all the time you've got nothing to worry about she will correct soon just keep taking care of her.

7. Wow that's a beautiful collection you have in your garden. Just as twinkling said, keep up the regular routine and they will be ok. Best wishes to you and your daughter. I'm sure one of those strains will be of some help!

Sorry as Morange said not twinklenug as I'm sure u already noticed lol

8. Thanks everybody. :)
    I love to garden so when she asked if I'd grow some for her I was like "heck yeah!" I wish I did smoke so I could taste the fruits of my labor, but my daughter tells me if its good or not. I sure love the scent!

[​IMG]

9. That's awesome! The best medicine comes from a passionate gardener. For now just do what I do. Once you jar up the good and they've been curing, open the jar and "drink" the air. It's delicious and often times soothing