Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Confused in Ottawa

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ottawa411, Jul 26, 2012.

1. I am a 49 year old male. I have psoriatic arthritis and an anxiety disorder related to my Asperger's syndrome. My wife has relaxing remitting Multiple Sclerosis. We are in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and live off of the Ontario Disability Support Program (Social Assistance). My prescription meds are taking a toll on me. (Methotrexate, Celebrex, Seroquel, and so on) My wife's M.S. is getting worse. I am always sick and very flat emotionally. My wife is in constant pain and is starting to have trouble walking. Various people have told me and my wife to try Medical Marijuana. Neither of us has ever used marijuana and can't tolerate smoke. Edibles were suggested. I have tried discussing this with both my family physician and my rheumatologist. Both are totally opposed to the use of marijuana. I have no idea how to buy marijuana on the street and growing it seems very complicated. It just seems like anything I could do would be a real headache and because neither of us has any idea if it would help us anyway. How likely is marijuana to help us? Could we even afford it on our disability cheque? What are my chances of getting busted buying it? Can anyone help us decide what to do?

2. don't they have medical marijuana in Canada? but any ways cannabis can help with your M.S and your anxiety. it will help you enjoy life and appreciate the little things. I recommend you try to obtain some and see if.it can't help you out! you can make tinctures, edibles, or use a vaporizer. if your search for storm crow she has a ton of information on the medical applications of cannabis.

3. It sounds like you and your wife would be perfect candidates for medical marijuana. My word of advice would be to find another doctor immediately who will prescribe marijuana. If you can't tolerate smoke then I would suggest a vaporizer but as a patient you will have access to a huge variety of different edibles and many options when it comes to getting the THC into your system.

4. oh and to all of your questions! very unlikely you will get busted for it! and luckily you live in Canada, it has the highest per capita of smokers. you will obtain some potent stuff for relatively reasonable price. 10 a gram is the going rate on your area so you could get a oz and have that stretch for months especially if you vaporize it! the thing about edibles are that you need quite a bit of weed and they are extremely potent so I wouldn't recommend that to some one who has never been meditated before

5. For some reason Ottawa doesn't seem as open as other Cities in Canada. There are no compassion clubs here for example. The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario warns doctors against medical use of marijuana. Our doctor won't even confirm our medical diagnosis for a Compassion Club in Toronto. Some doctors are willing to give it to you if you have already used marijuana and have seen a significant benefit. If you haven't used previously, they won't consider it. Family doctors aren't easy to come by. We had to sign an agreement with the clinic we go to and it limits our ability to see other doctors. With a family of 6, I want to keep a good relationship with our doctors. I guess I just have to get the balls to get hold of some and give it a try.

6. I would ask co-workers or any friends you have. I think it would help you tremendously.

7. This is my biggest failing. I am on disability (don't work) and have Asperger's syndrome (no friends) so I will have to lean on my wife a lot. I am very awkward socially. I am 6'5" tall, short hair, and a heavy build. I also spent 7 years in the Canadian Armed Forces. Almost anyone would think I am a cop.

The more I read, the more I see that it is very likely to help us, so I need to try it and see. It is very much counter to how I have led the last 49 years of my life, so it does feel like a much bigger deal than it should to me.

8. #8 Forked Up, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
    I'm Canadian as well and also look cop like. There is a very good mail order service that delivers to all of Canada. I used that for quite some time until I found good local connects. PM me if you like and I can tell you where I bought. No other people's pm's will be returned on the issue.

9. Sorry. Its not letting me P.M. you.

10. I believe you will need at least 5 posts before the PM system will be activated for you. It's to prevent people looking to harass or take advantage of others.

11. Sorry man had pm turned off should be good to go now.

12. PM returned, looked in sent and don't see it. It's the first pm I sent. :) if you don't receive it post again and I'll email ya.

13. Thanks for your help. I got your P.M.

14. Seriously? Stfu.

15. listen to me right now , take all those pills and flush them down the toilet i tried my friends seroquel just for fun i was drunk as fuck and i was the heck big mistake lol 2 down my stomach and i felt sick and puked my guts out felt so fkin good and relieved like a sick dark demon was trapped in there and i got him the fuck out :d . So yeah i cant imagine downing all those , and the toll on your stomach even if its low dose the mix in your stomach is gonna be acidy , and disguisting basically.... Bye bye liver in a underterminable amount of years