Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Confused in Las Vegas!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by JaneS, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Ok so maybe someone out there can help me?!?

The NRS says…
    Access to Medical Marijuana:
    Nevada's medical marijuana law does not provide any legal means of acquiring medical marijuana. Neither a state-run nor patient-based system currently exists for medical marijuana distribution.

So I have a prescription but I cannot buy the medicine?

2. Ok but i can "hire" a Care Giver? What does that really mean anyhow i can pay someone to grow for me but i cannot buy it from them because its not legal to sale in Nevada?
    F. Caregivers

Nevada defines "Designated Primary Caregiver" as a person who:
    1. Is 18 years of age or older;
    2. Has significant responsibility for managing the well-being of a person diagnosed with a chronic or debilitating medical condition; and
    3. Is designated as such in the manner required pursuant to NRS 453A.250.
    The term does not include the attending physician of a person diagnosed with a chronic or debilitating medical condition.
    A person may have only one designated primary caregiver at any one time.
    Under NRS 453A.220, designated primary caregivers are issued a serially numbered registry identification card. The caregiver's registry identification card must contain the following information:
    1. The name, address and photograph of the designated primary caregiver;
    2. The date of issuance and date of expiration of the registry identification card;
    3. The name and address of the applicant for whom the person is the designated primary caregiver; and
    4. Any other information prescribed by regulation of the Department.
    A caregiver's registry identification card is valid for a period of 1 year and may be renewed in accordance with regulations shown above.

3. And here comes the BIG one I have....

A friend of A friend sort of speak has decided he is going to start growing and selling to those that have prescriptions?

Under NRS 453A.160 section F is says "Nevada's medical marijuana law also does not provide for a legal means of supplying marijuana. Therefore, no license to distribute medical marijuana is currently available" (yeah I know I brought this up before).

So does that mean what he is doing is being more or less a glorified "drug dealer" or in some way is this legal or does it fall in the grey area and you hope you never get "caught"?

I am in no means judging anyone choice to grow, use, sale, buy, etc... I just don't understand!

4. I have researched till i want to cry and i have gotten no where the laws are so grey and so many open ended statments.

if anyone that can help me i would be so very very thankful.

i think even though i have a black thumb i am just going to bite the bullet and learn to grow but thats for a different day and thread!

5. as a NV mmj card holder you can buy marijuana from anywhere you can get it or grow it.

As far as your friend growing and selling yes that would be illegal. there are a few dispensaries in town operating illegally but they don't care and from what I know are hoping to get busted as to push the issue in court. Not sure if that is a good idea or not I guess we will find out.