Confused about Fox Farm nutrient schedule

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bones495, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Hey guys did a search on this but couldn't find any relevant information. According to the Fox Farm nutrient schedule (for soil) it says to use Big Bloom starting at Week 1 (seeds/seedlings), everything that I've read says to start nutes 2-3 weeks after planting. So am I supposed to use Big Bloom from the very beginning or should I ignore the Fox Farm schedule and just start nutes at the end of week 2?

I'm still doing a bit of research but I think I'll be using a soilless medium such as promix hp. Does using a soil or soilless mix have any relevance when doing a nute schedule? If so, what adjustments do I need to make when using either? My local grow shop says to start nutes immediately when using a soilless medium.

2. most nutrient solutions will tell you to start feeding straight away but the soil you use should have enough of the importantnutes (n-p-k) to keep your babies well fed until you introduce nutrients up to 3-4 weeks later.

and your local shop is right saying you have to use nutes straight away in a soiless medium ,as no soil ,no nutes.

if this is your 1st grow then go with a soil as its more forgiving plus you grow the best ganja in soil..........not the highest yields compared to hydro etc, but quality over hydro etc is superior

so check your npk on the soil you have(or going to get) & see what the ratio is & let us know then can help you decide when to introduce your nutes, but in the meantime disregard the fox farm schedule mate, just for now until you decide what way your going.

peace..........:smoke:

ps; forget a soiless medium mate, go with soil, trust me;)

3. Hmm to your main question though. No you do not NEED big bloom in the schedule exactly like that. If you going soilless as long as your feeding it Grow Big, you should have no issues. Are you planning on using their entire lineup? Because I have to say I didn't find anything super useful besides the Beastie Bloomz, and Maybe a little bit of the Cha Ching. Otherwise open sesame seems kinda of excessive.