Conformity

Discussion in 'General' started by Nizbomb, Jan 27, 2012.

1. I just want to take this space right here above this rant, to let you know a thing or two. Don't read this shit. It's pointless. If anything it'll piss you off and make me look like some fool who has no idea was he's saying. Sure i'm abusing my power to say what I want where I want, but i'm sure someone out there will appreciate my thoughts, or at least see the potential for an interesting conversation(that's my goal in writing these; to provoke someone, to make them uneasy, and possible gain some insight).....on to the subject at hand

Conformity

It's everywhere. It's unavoidable. It's how you live. It's how you act. It's human culture. It's that song all your friends know. It's how most of us came to this website. It's an inescapable obligation to your fellow peers to be Just Like Everyone Else. You won't go far in life if you're an outcast unless you have some sort of freak show brain with copious amounts of determination to be a freak show success.

I, for one, am glad there is a steadily, one-way flowing river. Otherwise, you wouldn't have people like timothy Leary or Hunter Thompson or Albert Einstein. You'd have normal, gray blobs named bob and sue. and you know what bob and sue do? they get up early in the morning, go to some meaningless, button pushing job, come home, eat, retire to bed, and wake up at the same time they did the previous morning and do it all over again. don't worry, it's not as monotonous as it might seem. You still have the unexpected car crash or roof cave in that sets you back a few years from retirement. No biggie. Just work a few more years to fix that roof and un-ding that dent in the car. Don't worry, the scratches will buff out. You'll be fine. Everything will be OK.

2. A lot of people have the same interests...how is that making them conformist? Your theories sound..different at best but its reality in this society. This is what people do. That 'button-pushing' job is how I and millions of others make their dough to feed themselves and their family.

Are you just ranting because your in spite about our society or what? Because this post isn't really getting anywhere..

Just out of curiosity..why would you even say that? I don't think anyone here is going to know where your going with saying that...might as well have not even made the damn topic.

3. I like turtles.

4. I like zombies...

5. Turtle zombies..?

6. guessing you're an outcast?

7. Honestly, I have no idea what i'm saying. I guess I like and dislike the fact that people have this instinct, this....need to be like someone else, or the need to fit in with the crowd, and they often forget to branch out and experience new things. i'm trying to understand why we do this

8. No. I', a normal 20 year old kid with a little different way of thinking than most people....at least different than what my peers care to make public. Never really thought of that though

9. Its from Tosh.0 aha

10. Im interested in what you have to say, could you please tell me what conformism is. In a simple definittion?

11. Use context clues in my OP or google it.

12. obviously according to you're view of life no one has a different way of thinking we are all conformist!

13. [quote name='"nizzbomb69"']I just want to take this space right here above this rant, to let you know a thing or two. Don't read this shit. It's pointless. If anything it'll piss you off and make me look like some fool who has no idea was he's saying. Sure i'm abusing my power to say what I want where I want, but i'm sure someone out there will appreciate my thoughts, or at least see the potential for an interesting conversation(that's my goal in writing these; to provoke someone, to make them uneasy, and possible gain some insight).....on to the subject at hand

Conformity

It's everywhere. It's unavoidable. It's how you live. It's how you act. It's human culture. It's that song all your friends know. It's how most of us came to this website. It's an inescapable obligation to your fellow peers to be Just Like Everyone Else. You won't go far in life if you're an outcast unless you have some sort of freak show brain with copious amounts of determination to be a freak show success.

I, for one, am glad there is a steadily, one-way flowing river. Otherwise, you wouldn't have people like timothy Leary or Hunter Thompson or Albert Einstein. You'd have normal, gray blobs named bob and sue. and you know what bob and sue do? they get up early in the morning, go to some meaningless, button pushing job, come home, eat, retire to bed, and wake up at the same time they did the previous morning and do it all over again. don't worry, it's not as monotonous as it might seem. You still have the unexpected car crash or roof cave in that sets you back a few years from retirement. No biggie. Just work a few more years to fix that roof and un-ding that dent in the car. Don't worry, the scratches will buff out. You'll be fine. Everything will be OK.[/quote]

I agree.

I live like hunter, Leary and McKenna.
    Just haven't started my writing career yet!
    Haha.

14. Too lazy to read the long comments so ill google it

15. Yea that's it, man. You got it

16. You agree?!? I didn't think i'd see this post. ehhhhhh

17. So correct me if im wrong but is a conformist basically a ''hipster''

18. I think a hipster is someone who goes completely out of their way to not conform. Kinda funny because they're still conforming to a certain group, which is one thing i've been trying to get through in my thread, but no one seems to see it. Or it's so obvious that i'm stupid for thinking i'm pointing it out

19. [quote name='"nizzbomb69"']

You agree?!? I didn't think i'd see this post. ehhhhhh[/quote]

Yeah, idk what the fuck has them so blind.