conflicted on harvest identifiers...

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by MRM4545, May 18, 2011.

1. #1 MRM4545, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    So with these ladies 50 days into flower [big bang , grapefruit diesel] I continue to second guess myself as to my ideal harvest window. I scope the trichomes and am currenlty 1/3 clear, 1/3 cloudy, 1/3 amber. This tells me that I could be close for a nice 50/50 [head/couch] high. Then on the otherhand, I see definitive and growing white pistils. This tells me that I still have a couple weeks to go. What the hell am I doing here??? Should buds be harvested with vibrant pistils???? Is the trichome color the determining factor??? Is there even an answer..........ADVICE:confused:

2. no trials on this?

3. I harvested my first grow whilst pistils were mostly white, maybe 30% amber at most. As for the trichomes, not many were amber... I managed pretty good smoke from one plant, and a lesser quality smoke from the other plant which was older, and larger...

I would say...go by the trichomes as your main signal.

Hope that helps. Peace for now

4. Thanks for the info.... So white pistils don't mean an impatient harvest??? Some strains stay white throughout ????

5. Red retracting pistils are an external sign of maturity. The true signs are revealed by the chemicals themselves. When the trichomes become cloudy the peak THC content is reached. Then they begin to degrade and drop a molecule, turn amber, and become CBD. It's a matter of preference, but the majority of people prefer, mostly cloudy, with some amber.

6. not all amber is CBD. someof the cannabinoids in those amber are THV and other cannabinoids