Confessions of an addict

Discussion in 'General' started by PeterIanStaker, Oct 25, 2013.

1. I wasn't sure where to post this but people need to know the truth.

I'm not sure when full blown addiction happened to me.  I can tell you when I realized that I was addicted however.  It wasn't even a long time ago, it was this morning.  I got up, as I normally would and went down to where I keep my stash.  I noticed it was nearly empty.  Not to worry, I keep a large backup stash handy at all times.  I acquired my backup container and panic set in.  It was empty also.  I could see my hand visibly shaking at the thought.  It was 5:30 AM.  My supply house didn't open until 9:00.  That wasn't going to work.  Franticly I grabbed for the finely ground concentrated stuff.  That tin too was empty.  My heart raced.  My hands shook.  I could feel the onset of a migraine.  Just then I saw it.  The small baggie behind the popcorn bowl on the top shelf.  Calm, relief, peace came over me.  And it was in that moment that I realized that I was not a casual consumer.  I was not an aficionado.  I was, and am, an addict.

It starts slowly, you know.  Just a little here and there to get through a tough time.  A tiny bit more to inspire me to finish studying for a test, or complete a big project.  Then use became daily, because I wanted to of course.  I could stop at any time.  I now know that I can't.  I use at home.  I use at work.  I keep a stash on my desk.  5 different strains, 3 different forms, all sitting there for anyone to walk by and see.  I'm ashamed to even discuss what my cabinet normally contains.  I even posted pictures online.  I'm in deep.  I don't know that I can be saved.  But I can tell you what to watch for.

I am a parent.  This post is written for other parents.  Know the signs.  Be aware of what to look for in your kids.  Watch for a fascination with green mermaids.  Listen to your kids talk and watch out for buzzwords designed to keep you in the dark. Words like Columbian, Sumatran, Breakfast, Fine Italian or actual street names like Lavazza, Illy or Bialetti.  Watch for small white plastic cups with aluminum tops.  They call these cups "K" on the street.  Listen for friends named "Pete".

It's true, regardless of what people tell you.  Caffeine is addictive and addiction is a bitch.  Tea was my gateway.  It lead to coffee, which lead to cappuccino which can lead to espresso.  It is a terrible cycle. Don't let it happen to you, or your kids.

Oh you didn't think this was about marijuana did you?

2. bahahaha i like it

3. And post of the year goes to...

4. Nice, very well done. :smoke:

5. That was a great read man thanks! :lol::D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #8 Dah, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013

7. Well played, sir. Well played.

[​IMG]

8. Aha people on here have a good sense of humor :) made me have a good laugh

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. next you'll be telling me the swans escaped

10. Sadly, everything in that post, with the exception of realizing I was addicted this morning (I've known that for years), is completely true.  I was having a full blown melt down until I found some coffee beans stuffed in the back of the cabinet.

11. Man what I'd do for a couple beans...

12. I have the same problem. It all happened when I was 10. My mom gave me lemonade for the first time. I loved the rush it gave me. Soon I drank lemonade everyday. I couldn't function without it. My tolerance slowly started building up. The lemonade was not enough. I needed something stronger. That's when I turned to coffee. My first sip was the beginning of the end. Fuck ill finish this after my coffee