Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Conditioning for big hits

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Papa Smurf69, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Yo guys, i've been smokin for about 3 yrs now and just got a brand new bong, Pure Glass 20 inch dual inline percs, ice catcher and diffused stem (my avatar/icon)

anyway its a pretty nice piece and a bunch of buddies and myself decided to have a big hit contest next friday and i just wanted to ask some of u really expirenced smokers for some advice when going into a big hit contest. Any various info tips, tricks would be appreciated.

Helpful info:
    I dont smoke cigs
    i have access to an ash catcher w/ tree perc
    im a 3g+/day smoker
    have been smokin every day for the past year (at least hehe)

2. Get the biggest bong you can find and work on clearing it. I went from blunts to a 3 footer, for awhile i couldn't clear it for shit now it's no problem to milk it twice in one hit

3. i see zero inline percs?

4. pull at a steady pace,this helps milk it without tiring out your lungs,which leaves you with capacity in your lungs to clear it. the best I have to offer for now haha. Try different water temps(luke warm-ice cold) I find luke warm water is smoother

5. Train. Just gradually load up bigger and bigger bowls day to day leading up to it and keep clearing them. You could also work on some breathing exercises or something if you wanted, you can bet there's instructional videos on youtube. It's pretty simple: increase lung capacity, decrease smoke sensitivity.

6. lol if you have been smoking for 3 years a huge bong rip shouldnt be bad. I used to be able to clear anything without coughing, freind had 3 diff size roors. Then my tolerance dropped like crazy for some reason and now i get super stoned off a bowl in a spoon haha. I guess just smoke out of it daily and take bigger hits everytime

7. everytime you smoke until then, take bigger hits than normal and try as hard as you can to compress the smoke in your lungs so you can make room for more.

That's really all you can do. See if yall can load your bongs with snow instead of ice (ice in a blender if you aint got snow), packing the bong with snow cools down your hits tremendously making it feel as if it's just a cold breath of air

8. pull slow and steady till the chamber is full, even if the chamber is full keep on goin if you want just keep that slow and steady pace till your ready to clear just make sure you have enough room for the clear or youll cough for a good while

9. #9 kapn0batai, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2010
    practice practice practice. I went from barely being able to milk my ROOR Mini Fairaster, to basically snapping a bowl from the father bong Roor Fairmaster (fullsize). Soon young padawan you shall be the ripping the shit out of your bong. Practice snapping i.e. trying ot take the full bowl, yeah your lungs will hate you for a bit, but you'll ultimately be able to take RIPS

edit: if you do have access do an ash catcher use it will give you smoother hit.

10. One thing I'm not seeing in this thread is "practice SNAPPING it". The trick to taking the monster rips is slowly milking it up as much as you can until you feel your lungs are ALMOST full, and then stopping. Once you stop, pull the bowl, and like a vacuum, inhale ALL OF THE SMOKE in one really rapid snap. Doesn't matter how milked the bong is, all of the smoke will disappear into your lungs all at once... The thing is, if there's lots of smoke, you may end up coughing. But the more practice you have milking it without losing your breath, the easier it will be to get the fat rips.

11. what this guy said ^

but i just had bronchitis and i got an inhaler for low oxygen level. taking 3 puffs off my inhaler before smoking definitley opens up my lungs for bigger hits

12. yeaaah i agree with you on the inhaler thing, i have asthma and i feel like after i take 2-3 pumps from my inhaler I can take deeper hits. but it might just be a placebo effect thing.

13. sometimes i like to see how many times i can milk and clear my mini zong, half way through i remember how much bud im wasting and stop about half way through the bowl

14. I'm still trying to figure out where the "inline percs" are.... But ya, good luck ripping that PURE, that drag beast is nearly impossible to snap, it's usually huge milks and a long pull to clear. My friend has a single perc Pure and i hit it once and will never hit it again, wayyy too much drag, it's almost useless.

15. good shit dude, nice bong :)...me and my friends just ordered the double perc weedstar from GC and the 4 arm diffuser with it....cant wait till it gets here...i think it just got to america according to the tracking shit....

anyways....i dont know if i really have any tips..im just pretty sure smoking ciggs makes it easier to take a massive rip on a bong.....we all smoke ciggs besides my one friend and anytme he hits a steamrolller or bong he gags his ass off lol....we always make fun of him but honestly if i could go back i would never have started smoking ciggs......therefor my info is useless..........

give er some nuts.

16. I Don't know if anyone said this but make sure to fully exhale before taking the hit. Sounds dumb but unless you think of it most people only exhale part way. GL hope you win :smoking:

17. What, why would snapping a bong be a waste of bud :confused:. Surely it's more economical to clean it rather than do it over two hits?

18. #18 PSE95, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2010
    sorry man, have fun getting laughed at for buying a WS piece, all I can really add to what the other have said is to. I don't smoke ciggs, have had pnumonia 3 times, scarred lungs, low capacity, but I could clear my old six footer np, just takes practice man.

also, hyperventilate yourself a little before taking hits, it opens up your lungs alot, just take a bunch of really really deep breaths in and out, for like 30 seconds before a sesh, then exhale as much as possible before your hit

19. because i like conserving my bud most of the time. i don't like to power through my weed on big ass bong hits, i like to just chill and take it slow

20. why don't you just pack half cones and clean them then?