Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Concerned about grit weed.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MacMillerPA, Dec 6, 2010.

1. So i bought off this kid one time and he really hooked me up, got me some quality shit for $30. So a week goes buy and he asks me if i want to buy again, i said yeah and he gives it to me the next day, but this time its powdery, like someone was grinding it more than it was needed. Before i bought i read an article about grit weed and now im just really paranoid about smoking it, any sure signs of grit weed? what should i do?

2. stop buying from kids, unless you're a kid yourself...
    you probably just got a fat bag of shake if it doesnt seem like it has sandy substances mixed into it lol

3. You got the shake of the bag, if you don't want it send it my way.

4. Take some kief and slide it across a CD. it should never scratch it (the kief... a nug of weed can scratch a CD)

SO try that.. if it scratches the CD (the kief) then it has glass

5. So just take like a pnch of it and try to scratch a cd with it? And by kid i mean 18-20's not like 5-13...

6. I took a pinch and it did scratch, glad i didnt smoke it, but theres no glare, no visible thc, and no crystals, im still unsure.

7. wow dude, I mean this "kid" seems like a real d-bag obviously he doesn't care about your life because inhaling glass can kill you and make you cough blood. Idk fuck him, I'd stay away from him or confront him if I knew I had an even fight, but I hope you do something along these lines. putting glass in weed has to be one of the dickiest things to do.

8. I know he didnt do it, hes a really good friend and he went to a new dealer, im still not 100% its grit. And even if it is he told me he smoked it and its great. He told me the whole story about how he got fucked up. you cant just bullshit that kind of stuff to your good friend so he'll smoke it, idk, i need to get a second opinion on this, ill confront him tomorrow too, thanks for all the help.

9. Take KIEF.. not a piece of the nug

10. Post pics! You got a cell phone!

11. there really isnt any, atleast its mixed well, its all powdery. and yeah ill post pics but the quality wont be that great.

12. Don't buy weed that's already ground if you can. Get nugs. That way you're more sure you aren't getting ripped off.

13. Yeah i know, i bought off this guy once and it was nugs, good nugs too. Then i bought again and he gave me this shit, defiantly done with him.

14. Put the "kief" between your teeth and grind them back and forth. If it doesn't break down... it's grit. Obviously don't swallow.

From your description, I'm already pretty convinced you've got grit weed. This is coming from someone who once bought a QP of grit weed... and I've got pictures if you'd like to see them.

15. That test is unreliable

16. Hahah im like 95% i dont have grit, but yes please post pictures, ill try the teeth test in a little. Im probably going to try it on friday

17. good luck if you try it man. If you just try it you should know if its glassed or good bud quick. If he is a real good friend though my original post was a little too tough on him

18. Uhm, did you steal my sig?

19. Its probably not grit. Grit weed usually comes in nugs and you can feel it as you break it up. But you would really be able to feel it because it creates microscopic cuts in your fingers that burn a bit after breaking it up.

A good way to tell is by taking a bit and putting it in your mouth and chewing it with your front teeth. Its really easy to tell if its grit then, because you will hear/feel it crunch and you will feel it cuttin your lips up.

On a side note i wish i could find each person who has ever created grit weed/knowingly put grit weed into the market, and kill them each in a slow and painful way. Fuck you weedgritters, you really must not give a shit about anybody's health.

20. Lol that's the first time I've seen that.

Anyway why did you buy it if it's powdery, if it doesn't look like bud don't buy it. There's always something dodgy going on if it's already ground up.