Concepts that fuck with you

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Pufftamagicwyrm, May 22, 2012.

1. I can imagine a creature that doesnt exist though?

2. But they could be seeing what you see as red, but have been taught the colour was called blue. As that is how we were all taught colours, seeing the colour then learning the name. We may not all see your sense of blue.

3. The concept of time going on forever even when everything else is gone.

4. That I know I will die, and there is a good chance of it being agonizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Thats why it fucks with me

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Word. Just the thought of it trips me out a bit.

Everyones a genius in their own mind

7. This consumes my mind to an unhealthy degree. Being sentient sucks.

8. I hate and love lateral thinking puzzles. For example:

A butcher named Moe is 32 years old. He is 7 feet and wears size eleven shoes.

What does he weigh?

9. He weighs cuts of meat.
    He weighs cuts of meat.

10. That some people who have died describe it as sleeping with no dreams. It's just nothing, a sleep which you never wake from.

and also, you're hot

11. How about that people have died and lived to tell about it?
    How about that people have died and lived to tell about it?

12. You know that feeling when you wake up and you just want to go back to sleep because it's so peaceful, well is that how death would be?

Sent from my spaceship

13. Universe reaching thermal equilibrium and essentially dying.

Or the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, where this universe is an infinitely small slice in an infinite cake of parallel worlds continuously splitting and branching off during every tiniest quantum event. Basically infinitely many parallel universes branching off every second with an infinite amount of universes still running totally in sync up to this point and every point in the future....

damn son

14. The concept that there will be no United states within the next 60,000 years. (according to the news lol)

Quickest to come, quickest to fall.

Mark my fuckin words lmfao

16. Same but on the flip side. Where were we before we existed?

17. That we are all in a virtual reality (sort of like the matrix) but we are actually characters being controlled similar to how we control characters in the game Sims.
    And wedontevenknoit

18. #4400 Chacal, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
    The fact that I'm going to die, and it's just going to happen. 

Just looking around at the world and realizing how much humans have impacted it. There's no other species that's controlled the Earth so vastly as us and that's a little scary. 

The concept of language and all it's intricacies. How sounds can communicate so much. 

The only reason that we don't kill others is because it's not evolutionarily beneficial.

The fact that so much of our nature comes from whether or not something is evolutionarily beneficial.

How sound waves arranged in different ways (minor vs. major keys, chord changes) induce certain emotions.