Computer Virus Help

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by aaaaddddssssfff, May 19, 2013.

1. forgive me for posting this here, i just really need pple to see this and help me.   apparently ive got a virus called the ''blackhole exploit kit exe'' or something along those lines.   so far it seems to only be affecting my browsers.   ok so heres how it works, i pull up google or any other search engine, i do a search and get the same results as i always have.   its when i click on one of the results, i get redirected to some random website, a ton of pop ups and AVG starts blocking Trojans and  viruses.   i am able to still click on grasscity with no problems lol.   most other legit websites i click on though, redirect me to the virus websites.   and if i do a search and the words ''virus, trojan, blackhole, exploit kit, root kit'' are used in my search, i get redirected to some website tryng to sell me ''spy hunter 4"                   ive done an AVG scan, it found 2 trojans and put them in the valut. i ran a malwarebytes search and it found something and got rid of it.                                 PLEASE HELP! i am unable to research the virus or search for a solution since i am redirected every time i click on a search result. 

2. bump.     

can anybody help me?

3. First, open AVG and make sure the program is up-to-date, and your virus definitions are up to date.

Reboot your computer in safe mode.  Run your virus scan and see what it finds.  Make sure you are performing a full scan, and not a quick scan.

Once the scan is complete, restart you computer in regular mode and see if you're still having issues w/ your internet.  If you are, download avast (www.avast.com), install it, reboot your computer in safe mode and run another full virus scan.

4. this virus, or what ever the fuck it is,  is a tricky little fucker. avast cant detect it, nor can AVG, malwarebytes, super anti spyware, even some microsoft security thing that took 4 hours. ive ran full scans of everything multiple times and nothing. i can get on youtube, i found a tutorial that showed me how to go threw every little thing in my os. i cant fucking find where its hiding. ive deleted cookies, plugins, java, adobe, and re-installed.        i just cant get rid of it

5. try combofix and hitman pro. if those two don't find it, try scanning via trend micro online scanner.

6. #6 aaaaddddssssfff, May 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
    i ended up just doing a full system restore, after backing up my photos and all. ive never came across something that damn hard to remove from my computer before. thanks for the help tho everybody, its very appreciated :smoke:  

7. Best advice in the thread - this is exactly the type of virus combofix is meant for.

Glad a system restore solved your problem though!

8. THis is the last hardcore action. I fix my friends pc. turn off ur computer. turn it back on.press F12 repeatedly until a blue/black screen pops up. system specs will be available. look for a restart option and it will sail u thru a memory reconfiguration.it also  has a resconfigure to an old date as an option so u dont fully delete all files. 

9. I have an older laptop which has a pretty fucked up virus I can't remove. I did a full factory default restore on it; however, upon reachin the login screen for windows 7, where one sees username and enters the password. It it looks fine but it says Windows 7 and under it says 2 minute or 2 min and a small clock with hands pointing like its 2 o'clock. Upon seeing that I knew instantly shit was wrong and when it loaded desktop the laptop began restarting itself, and just kept on restarting itself and going to login screen and then desktop, then reboot. So after 3 times of this shit because I thought maybe its just trying to check everything after the factory restore, I knew it wasnt a BIOS issue and rather it  is a virus issue. So upon disconnecting the laptop from the internet it stopped rebooting endlessly. It would reboot no matter at desktop or login screen. So my question is, this virus is fairly old, has anyone seen it? Can anyone guide me through the commands to get into the registry to get rid of it?

10. #10 aPersonUponaHill, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
    Edit: Clean entirely, not a trace of anything. Took an insane amount of time and a crazy number of programs.