Computer Problem

Discussion in 'General' started by qwerty1234, May 31, 2008.

1. Hey all, ive recently been having this problem with my pc when I try and play games. When trying to play san andreas it displays like this
    [​IMG]

I went in to 'dxdiag' and tested direct3d. It showed this [​IMG]

My system requirements for the game are fine as i've played it in the past with no problems. My graphics card is a geforce 5600 and I've downloaded the latest drivers for it; and also downloaded the latest directX. Any blades got any suggestions for me?

Much appreciated

2. Wow, cant say ive seen that before, but sounds like your on the right track, a video driver issue.
    If youve installed the new driver and same issue, have you reinstalled the card fresh?
    Its all games?

How long have you had the card?
    Whats your operating system and system specs?

3. Looks like CJ chose the red pill :smoke:

4. Thanks for the input.

5. well you can always try re-seating the card.... doubt it would change anything but you never know. also did you have any power issues or temp issues that you know of recentley in your box? i assume its air cooled you might want to check your ventilation. just some ideas, i agree though it sounds like a driver issue, i would delete the drivers all together and boot off the integrated card on your motherboard than re-install the drivers. thats all i got for yas lemme know if you still need assistance i fix computers for my job so we could brainstorm or something if need be

6. i mean if you have the money for it, you should really consider getting a conosle man, theres less chance of complications with them

7. its probably a video card driver issue or directx issue, re instal both and see if it helps

8. 3d processing is all f*cked up is what it looks like to me. Prob video card is fucked, need to buy a new one.

9. did this happen after a fresh reformat??

make sure the card isn't loose in your PCI slot

looks like your card overheated man, were you overclocking? 5600's r known to have overclocking issues....

10. That could be it actually, the PC sometimes randomly restarts itself on occasion, and CPU temps have been in the high 40 degrees (C) although It also appears to restart when the temp. is low. I'm thinking maybe the power supply is fucked as rarely I also have to leave it awhile before it can power up.

Don't have integrated graphics on this motherboard.

Yea man hopefully I'm getting an xbox360 within the next few weeks..no doubt I'll still want to play some PC games though.

Already reinstalled both and the problem persists.

Yea I've only noticed it since I reinstalled windows. It's an AGP card and is securely in the slot. Haven't tried overclocking it either.

Thanks for the suggestions all, much appreciated.

11. check to make sure your computer is not overheating. the fan on the card may be defective and might be causing your hardware to overheat, thus producing the artifacts you are getting. I'd say install the drivers you had before when it was working fine and check your fans.