Computer people please help!

Discussion in 'General' started by rolljib, Aug 9, 2007.

1. ok so im havin some problems with watchin videos on my computer

i downloaded a movie by means of utorrent and got this message -
    "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

i dont know what a codec is and another problem im havin is ive downloaded some movies from limewire and some more by utorrent and when i open it in windows media player it says aquiring codec then codec aquired and then the audio only plays for the movie and there is no video.
    ive noticed that when this happens its usually with a .avi file .

can you blades please help me out i have some badass movies that i cant even watch

2. i went there and theres like 12 diff download links, im in the us and theres 2 for that, does it matter which one i pick?

3. Either one should be fine

4. Yes; any of the links will be fine, they are just different hosts for the same file.

If VLC fails to solve your problem, I suggest downloading media player classic.

After you've installed this, you should download k-lite codec pack

If you take this advice, I doubt you will encounter a problem trying to play any video format.

Hope this helps.

5. I had the same problem until I downloaded a codec pack that included DivX..works perfectly ever since.

6. I second the second of the motion.

7. thanks guys the vlc player worked