Computer Help?

Discussion in 'General' started by IndianaToker, Jan 7, 2003.

1. well..i have windows on my c drive, and all the other shit on my d drive...its partitioned believe is the proper term or whatever...so if windows screws up, then it wont screw up the rest..or so i was led to believe.

2. Even though all your stuff is on your d-drive, windows has to open it. If you put in a disk and can not open it, windows has to have a problem. This is what happened to my computer.. Windows would work ok till I tried to load or change things. It wouldn't open some files and some things I would down load would get lost..

Have you got Norton's anti-virus? If you do, go into Nortons and let it make a scan of files. It should tell you if you have corrupted file or files in windows. That how I found mine..

My computer started to run slow, then on occations it would not let me connect to the net and would just screw up everything that I tried to do..

3. hmmmm....

im stoned..

and nothing will open...not even nortons.

4. DON'T FORMAT YOUR DRIVE YET!! I'm working on a solution for this, that will be the last resort. I think I can get a restore worked out for you, but it will take me a day or so.

5. you dont have to worry about that..i know thats a last resort type thing..also, i cant get to my bios screen on startup..ive tried every stinking key.

6. figure anything out yet?

7. I'm not really in need of a dusting inside the computers. The contacts themselves need cleaned off somehow, I think. (hope!)

A pencil eraser works great on electrical contacts... which I used on the contacts on the memory chip board.

I just don't want to mash an eraser in the sockets where they go in.

I've tried dusting it.... now I wanna clean it real good. Lest it become a paperweight... or an object of my frustration **getting out the sledge hammer**

8. Budburner,

I hear that ZepElec is a good contact cleaner, but I've not used it myself. Might be worth checking into though.

Norm,

I farmed your problem out to one of my junior admins. I should be able to post the solution sometime on Monday. I wanted him to test my restore ideas so I would know that it wouldn't be a waste of your time if it doesn't work. Thanks for your patience.

9. thats cool..no problem...thats also neat..i would say more, but im stoned...so ..its cool as hell..to me..right now.