Computer Help Needed: Hard Drive Partitions

Discussion in 'General' started by Dante Blaze, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Due to recent computer problems I had to re-install my Windows XP on my computer. I installed it on a partition that has next to no space on it. How do I consolidate my partitions so all of my hard drive space is on one partition.

2. 1. You've only installed XP so far? You don't have apps/data that you care about?

2. What about the other partitions? Is there data on them that you need?

3. You dedicate space during the windows xp isntall process, just before the reformat.

4. #4 Justen, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2009
    Well you can't allocate more space to the partition on the hard drive since it's already made. I recommend that you get Acronis Disk Manager and create a proper sized partition. This also allows you to specify the boot properties and is just overall much better (and quicker) than formatting and using the built in partition system with XP by default. Remember that XP is going to require about 3 gigs of space alone. Best to make sure that you give it a minimum of 10 gigs of space. Delete the current one you have now. Also make sure that you backup any needed files such as drivers, pictures, software, or any other important documents.

If you need more help just shoot me a pm, I'd be more than happy to help you out with this issue. Best of luck.

5. Well put.:D