complicated situation

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by turnadaburna, Dec 12, 2010.

1. first i never thought i would put this on a forum somewhere(especially gc) because i usually tend to internalize my problems until i figure them out or they sort themselves out but i was readin some things and saw some people actually gave good advice

anyway on to the situation...i have always been pretty confident but i recently had surgery(beginning of aug)but since having the surgery i have been feeling pretty insecure(i would rather not say what kind of surgery but if it makes a dif then i will)..well i have know this girl for roughly 6 years and we have been friends and flirted alot and i have known and still know she likes me...problem is i go through phases with her where i like her and then for some reason i just get indifferent..but because of my surgery i sometimes feel like i should date her since i dont think many other girls would be interested in me now but i also dont want to date her for that reason alone

to add to the situation im pretty sure i still love my ex gf and im still friends with her and when i talk to her sometimes i get those old vibes from her...problem here is she currently dates my best friend(looong fuckin story with that but shit got worked out and were all cool)but the thing with my friend he likes her but is interested in a girl he works with and talks about breakin up with her all the time so waiting to see what happens with them just adds to my confusion

any opinions or comments are def appreciated..im ultimately gonna make up my own mind on what to do but i would love to get some different perspectives on this

2. First off I would say that the ex should be out of the picture I mean she obviously moved on and you are friends which is more than most guys can say. You also dont wanna bank on the fact that she is going to get dumped and than you can try and get her back, you broke up for a reason.

With this girl you like I would say just think about it a little bit. Do you enjoy being around her? is she your type of girl? can you see yourself with her? etc. Just whatever you do dont string her along as a backup that shit is not cool.

Surgery isnt that big of a deal or it shouldnt be too most people, everyone gets something done at some point in there life, dont sweat it.

good luck dude

3. #3 million, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2010
    I definatly think you shouldn't date the first girl. It would be for all thr wrong reasons and the relationship would start on bad foundations. As for your ex, I mean there is a reason why you guys broke up in the first place and she's dating your friend now. Even if they broke up, would you really want to get back with her? That's a fucked up situation. I think relationship wise you should take a break for now because your surgery and the insecurity along with it is greatly affecting your decisions.