Completely new to hydro and need lots of help!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Dijinnie, Jan 15, 2008.

1. I recently started a small experimental grow with bubble buckets, i made a really small verion of it because i didnt really expect things to go to well, and they havent so far. When i first started out i was using just City water from teh tap and this, i think is the result.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

they look like they are burnt really bad, maby chlorine burns on teh leaves? not too sure, but when i realized that the City water i was using was at like a ph of between 7.0 and 8.0 i went and bought some distilled water, adjusted the ph to between 5.0 and 6.0 and put that in the buckets.

When i was cleaning out the buckets i noticed some type of either calcium or lime build up on the sides and the air stones. and about 7 hours later i checked the ph and it was back up to like 7.5.

So i decided to fix that problem by buying new buckets and air stones and i let the baskets with the plants soak in some ph adjusted water, and i filled the buckets with water with a ph of 5.5-5.8, somewhere in that range.

Anyone know if my assumptions are right about why they are doing so bad? and any suggestions on when i should start neuting them would also be very helpful, i have General Hydroponics Flora series, micro, grow, and bloom.