Complete newbie tent grow questions!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by qedtstolam421, Jan 31, 2013.

1. #1 qedtstolam421, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    I'm going to order the Secret Jardin DR90 II in the next couple of weeks, and seeing how this will be my first time growing, I have a few questions regarding ventilation, etc. I've been doing hours of research over the last couple of weeks, but haven't really been able to get specific answers, so here it goes.

The DR90 II comes with 7 total ports: 1 for extraction, 2 for intraction, 2 for cables, 2 for cool tubes, according to the website. I will be running a Blackstar 600w LED, so I don't think I'm going to be using the cool tube ports; do I simply leave these alone, or do I need to fill them in with something? What are all these other ports for? I know I should put a fan and carbon filter in one of them, but I really don't know where it would go. Do the others simply go unused or and I forgetting something? :confused:

I'd like to have the thing as inclusive as possible, without a bunch of ducting and crap running out of it everywhere. But, I'd like to make sure I'm keeping the correct amount of carbon, air movement, etc. Do I need to do something with Co2 augmentation for the tent?

My goal is basically just to be able to grow 2-3 plants in soil as discreetly and tidily as possible inside of the tent. No smell, no ducts running all over the place, and most importantly providing an ideal as possible environment for my plants. This includes any extra nuances I'm leaving out. :cool:

Thanks in advance, and sorry to trouble everyone with such silly questions. I just really don't know what I'm doing and am trying to have as much success as possible here. After the tent and the lights, my budget has about $1000 left over, if that's important to anyone.