Complete Beginner Truly Needs Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PuffPuffPasss, Apr 9, 2010.

1. OK. So first of all I want to say thank you in advance for even looking at this thread. Beer with me on this because it will sound rough. I've been toking for 4 years now I know "whats up" with weed. I just have never grown before. For a few reasons I'm setting this up outside. I have a few questions, but I think it will make you happy to know I am going through with this. There is no doubt in my mind, me and my buddy are going to do this and don't worry I will +rep any helpers and record the journey of my plants.
    But first, a few questions-

What makes a spot ideal for growing outside? Describe the best spot possible.

How do I start? Do I just drop some seeds in 2-3 inches of dirt and hope for the best?

How many seeds should I plant if I want around 5 plants to be successful.

That should be enough for now. Thank you so much in advance.

2. I don't grow outside so I don't have your answers but I would think that the sites search feature or the outdoor growing forum would be a good place to look.

3. Well, the ideal spot would be right in the middle of big wide open field wherre the sun will hit all day long, and that would be great if you were growing KALE.

So, you want a place that is going to keep your plants as inconspicuous as you can while allowing for the most sun.

i.e. I have a bunch of blackberries on my property, I'm going to cut a path into the middle of the patch and put a plant or two out there.

You probably want to have the seeds started in some cups or small pots before you decide to start. Just putting them in the dirt could just piss you off when they don't germinate.

If you want five plants you should germinate five or more seeds at least. In case a few don't open.

4. Do you suggest keeping the cups in my house or just somewhere outside?

5. Well to germinate your seeds, you can place them on a moist paper towel(research the germinating post on here) in a cool, DARK place.
    After a few days(2-3) you should see a tap root appear.

When this happens you can get a small cup or pot, with some nice orgainc soil(try not too use soil that is loaded with nutes already, the seedlings don't need it yet) and put the seedling in that.

Then place it under some lights or on your window sill, somplace where it wil get enough ligh to grow.

When it starts to get taller and more mature you can repot it into something bigger or just make a whole in the ground(I would mix in a bit of potting soild) and plant it outside.

You should really search all the threads on this site, my advice is very vague. Good luck.