Complaint or just Paranoid

Discussion in 'General' started by Lerf, Oct 4, 2012.

1. #1 Lerf, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
    Lets say if someone lights up in their apartment and someone smells and complains. Even if it does smell there is really no way to prove that it's comming from below, from behind, or beside right. So really even if it does stink what can happen?? Has anyone ever had problems with apartment toking. I put a towel under my door in my room. And besides Im 100% sure like 15% of the apartments here toke so IDK why I should be worrying. If this were the case the hotboxing hotels will leak smell. Anyone ever smell something while upstairs in a holiday inn or something?

2. Im pretty sure cops an search if they smell it. Could be wrong.

3. Proly be fine tho.

4. Okay if I call the cops and say it smells like weed... They come to my house sit down and take down the complaint in living room... then what? He goes rambo and knocks on every fucking apartment? Or takes a random guess and knocks down the door below? If that's how it works Im just gonna quit smoking pot.

5. Just go on a walk with your pipe or something

6. What can happen? They send someone from the office to stand outside people's doors and try to pinpoint where it's coming from. Then they call the cops. It's happened to me. Just be careful. Smoke in a back room or blow it out the window to be safe at least.

7. [quote name='"Richieb7451"']Im pretty sure cops an search if they smell it. Could be wrong.[/quote]

Not without a warrant. Tell them to gtfo

8. Deny deny deny...

Cops gotta have a warrant to enter and landlords need 24 hours notice...

9. [quote name='"thunderfunk"']Deny deny deny...

Cops gotta have a warrant to enter and landlords need 24 hours notice...[/quote]

Thank you. I'm pretty sure with enough complaints though they can evict you

10. Depends on how much he cares about weed smokers, some cops would knock on almost every door.

He might do that too. Cops do that all the time...

But you're probably fine. If you feel unsafe, trust your gut and try to hide your shit well and don't answer the door for no mother fuckers lol.

11. #11 Ziggy86, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
    YES! haha

I used to live with my buddy at this apartment, we smoked daily inside but never had a complaint or got caught... until, that day we had an appointment to fix our sink,
    they put a note on the door telling us the time the guy will come in (even if we weren't there he's got a key).
    So, me and my roommate had a friend visiting Portland, and he took the note from the door and put it somewhere inside, me and my roommate didn't see it.

So the next day we go to a class in the morning and the apartmnt was empty,
    so the guy came in and saw everything! lol fuck that sink..

When we came back home we found a letter telling us what happened, (it was a serious letter lol).
    "A strong odor of marijuana as I entered the apartment" < that's the only phrase I remember haha

Anyway, we went to the office and I just said that we had a small party (we didn't)
    and that some friends brought some weed and we couldn't say no and it won't happen again lol.. and we were fine after that, I lived at that place for like a 7 months after that and was still blazing :D
    They might have known but said let them be :smoke: good times haha

edit: yes, relax. what state do you live in now?

12. Relax dude, cops can only barge in like that with a warrant, regardless of what they smell.

I may be wrong, but I THINK the exception is if the person answers the door and the cop sees something illegal in plain view. Other than that, they need permission from either the tenant or landlord (important to know whether your landlord is weed friendly) or a warrant.

Oh, and I think they can also bust in if there's some extreme emergency, like they here someone being murdered... But I sure hope you don't have to worry about this.

13. I mean honestly though. These are some pretty wealthy apartments. Im pretty sure smoking a room wont leak upstairs... Its not like there is a door or anything. And from what I've heard each unit has its own unique AC piece.

14. [​IMG]

I swear by this candle, it's expensive but worth every penny. It creates a smell barrier so put it by the door.

15. not all no, the one I moved in next didn't have it's own ac, so I couldn't smoke inside. But most apartments around here are like that, they have they're own AC and you can smoke inside with no problems..

what's yours like?

16. Well if you want to know whether you have your own, you can always just walk around the building and count them.

17. So if I do have my own AC i can smoke blunts right

18. without fear of the smell leaking into other apartment, yes.

19. the cop will tell u to stop wasting his time..