Compendium of Stickies

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by JayF, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Hi,

As the title of the thread might suggest, I was wondering what you thought to the idea of having a closed forum (or a forum where users can't post) containing all the stickied threads. There's some great information for everyone in the stickies and it would be nice to have it all in a single bottomless well of knowledge.

I realise that some of them are updated regularly so obviously "copying and pasting" the threads into new threads in a new location wouldn't be feasible, but I thought maybe if it were possible to create dynamic clones that duplicate themselves automatically, it might be worth thinking about.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Jay

2. I personally don't think we need this. The stickies are already stuck to the top of their respective forums. People need to venture around the boards a little more.

3. #3 JayF, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2011
    I understand your point, but sometimes it's difficult to remember where you saw a sticky, especially if you are new to the site or if the "genre" of the thread is maybe a little ambiguous. For example, it's a safe bet that a sticky on lights and lamps would be found somewhere within Indoor Cultivation, but a sticky on the reputation system or on pests and diseases* might not be so clear cut.

Just a thought.

* Edit: Well that would be the case if there wasn't a whole forum on Pests and Diseases. I pulled the examples off the top of my head. Hopefully you get my point.

4. Hmm...interesting idea, but a lot of work for one person to do.

Plus users don't bother to read stickies as it is...

5. Fair enough. I was more thinking of it if it could be automated.

Definitely not worth your time then. Personally, I've found the ones I've read invaluable.

Thanks for considering it.

6. It will effect the thread sections, like agalloch said users need to go through more thread sections instead of all being in one.

7. I understand and stand corrected. You guys have more experience on this forum and forums in general than I do.

Out of curiosity, is your reasoning behind both your wording, that users need to go through more sections, that you want to stimulate activity across the sections as opposed to giving them all the information in one place?

Thanks again.

8. Go through all of the stickies, subscribe to the ones you are interested in and create your own private stickies folder...

9. Good advice. Thanks.