Companies that don't drug test, or only test initially?

Discussion in 'General' started by greenghoul, Feb 28, 2012.

1. #1 greenghoul, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
    So I'm (probably) going to be on probation soon due to a ticket for using marijuana, and my parents are kinda pissed off so they're telling me to get a job right now and to come home on weekends from college to work (I live 30 min from the campus and live here).

So my thing is which companies either don't drug test at all, or only test initially? This way I can go back to smoking right after probation is over.

I was thinking Target or something, maybe a music store or instrument shop...I don't know.
    edit: or maybe a movie theater

Thanks for any insight.:hello:

2. Fast Food
    Wal-Mart
    Gamestop

3. OP, just remember that if you get hurt on the job and work for a company that initially drug tests but elected not to do randoms, a drug test will be eminent.

4. [quote name='"Spaced"']OP, just remember that if you get hurt on the job and work for a company that initially drug tests but elected not to do randoms, a drug test will be eminent.[/quote]

Do you know if the test would be another casual piss in a bathroom? Or people watching your every motion 0.0

5. The movie theater I worked at didn't DT. Neither did the Game.stop and smoothie place I worked at.

But yeah, if you get hurt on the job, they need to make sure you don't have Mary-Jane sitting in you. Just don't spin around on ladders or go to work baked.

6. kk, I'll make sure to not do anything stupid like get caught in a parking lot >.>

the theater I'm applying to is AMC. Hopefully they won't test because I'd really like to work at a theater.

7. unless you work at somewhere good, the only thing you have to worry about is the pre-employment test.

after that, you shouldn't have to worry.

8. so I'm working on an application for one of the movie theatres (this one is an emagine theater) and it asks if I've been convicted of a serious misdemeanor or felony...would "use of marijuana" constitute as a serious misdemeanor??

9. If you're only going to be working weekends at a place you're probably only going to be tested initially.

Most places I've worked at only re-test you if you cause an accident.

10. Lol if you've gotten charged for it.. then yes I think.

Best of luck to you bro.

11. thanks, hopefully i'll be able to get a job.

for the misdemeanor thing I wrote "I got popped for smoking"

I don't know if that was a bad idea, I can always print another application haha.

12. Wont it say on the application?

Thought they cant give out a DT without consent.

13. target said they will for an initial test, all the other places had no info regarding it. As people here and a few of my friends said, they probably won't test besides the initial test, so I'm pretty set (since I'll pass a test for sure, it's been 3 or so weeks since I've smoked)

now I'm more worried about the misdemeanor affecting my chance at getting hired at the one theater. I don't know what to write so I don't sound like a stoner (like saying i got popped haha), but I don't want to sound pretentious and shit.

14. :laughing: If thats what you really wrote on an JOB APPLICATION